stolen: 00 red civic si

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my brother in law drove it back to cali a few months back after getting it from me...he now lives in san diego and the car got stolen sometime early this morning after 3 a.m. in el cajon by el cajon blvd on the corner of rolando court. it still has texas license plates W30TJL. sucks coz i loved that car and i figured giving it to family, he would take good care of it...but since he's had it he hasn't exactly had good luck with it. it's got black/red stitching recaro style bucket seats, a b20/vtec motor, 16" rota circuit 8 black/polished lip, and a s2000 formula red paint job (which makes it stand out a lil bit from a milano red si). just trying to see if the fellas here can be on the look out for it...or what's ever gonna be left of it after it gets chopped up...:(

pics:

it prolly doesn't look exactly like the pics coz he wrecked it 2 weeks after driving it to cali and he had to replace the hood, bumper, etc. so i think it doesn't have a carbon fiber hood or the fog lights. it has the jdm power folding mirrors though...thanks fellas!

whiteej8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man...sorry 4that but not to be an ass or anything but that car is stripped by now....................sucks here in jersey is the same thing if you have a 99-00 si especially the ebp one you can kiss it good bye.....it's a theif magnet.................

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i'll keep an eye open for it, i just saw a bunch of si parts pop up on sd craigslist with no location exactly where, it seemed very suspect to me, but they had si seats and what not and you said this one has aftermarket seats so... sorry to hear that man, what are the details on the theft, place, time, what anti theft devices he had etc

whiteej8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
by the way is that a 99-00 si muffler tip or is it just an aftermarket one.

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks fellas...my brother in law said he last saw it at 3 am and parked it on the street out side his friends house in el cajon. then woke up in the morning to find out it wasn't there anymore. he did say it has a cf hood, but no foglights...the tip on that is a greddy sp2 exhaust...but he also broke that a couple of weeks back and bought a new exhaust for it i believe. it has a clifford alarm on it.

i just feel bad coz i specifically told him that it was a big risk taking that car and keeping it in cali...and that he had to make sure it's parked in the garage everytime he leaves it alone for a while. but he's young and still has a heavy foot, he's also been having problems at home and that's prolly why he slept over at his friend's. i'm not really mad at him for not taking good care of it..i actually feel sorry for him coz he's been going thru a lot. i just kinda wished i just kept the civic and gave it to my wife instead. i'll post an update on what kind of exhaust he put on there when he lets me know. thanks again.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i remember your si very well... sad story bro

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to hear that. i hope you find it in at least a fixable condition.

i hate it when people steal things.

mark84

5+ Year Member
dam... putting all that time and money into your car and one day you find out someone has taken it :(..I always think that every time when I park my civic. The only thing that make me unparanoid about leaving my car is taking out the ecu and radio dash where ever I go. But then again, thiefs found out a new way, By towing your shitt :(
Ill definitely look around for you just because you seem like a cool person.

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for moving mod! i wasn't sure which section to put it on.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn bro. i remember this car as well. Hope that he gets the car back.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow sorry to hear about the lose.. clean ride, i think i may have seen it around town here.. or one that looks exactly like it..

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that sucks man.. hadnt seen you for awhile and didnt want to see you come back with news like this..

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to hear it.... that was one clean car i like that color alot. I hope it gets found or the dicks who stole it get busted.