Stolen Car! Nor-cal, Look!

sicEKcoupe

5+ Year Member
bullshit! broke d**k mofos!

after looking at what was stolen, someone knew what they were doing. People ought to start putting some kind of sig on their parts so when they show up on someone elses car you can know for a fact where it came from. idk maybe ingraving intials or something. i think i might start doing something.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow. that craigslist post.....hmmm...

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
call that guy sellin the rims and ask to check em out. Bring a gang of guys with you to sort things out.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
agreed^^^

sucks to hear....glad you got it back though....

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just call the AD and act like you want to go buy it, check it out, maybe if its yours youll recognize some dings off it or something.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that criagslist post is all the way in L.A., im up here in manteca...about 6 hours away. even if they are my rims im not going that far to get them lol

HondaGuy12

5+ Year Member
damn glad that you got the car back...theives suck man..down here in tampa..alot of 6th gens that have k's in them are the main target...when i get my new 6th gen im going to def keep it in the garage..so you going to sell the car or make it better?

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so im thinking about keeping the civic instead of selling it for cheap like i was planning on doing. with it just sitting in the backyard and me seeing it everyday makes me really miss it lol.

heres my two options:

sell it for maybe $1300 or whatever i can get for it (it would take maybe $200 to make it driveable again) and start over with an EF, EG, or maybe a crx. if i do that the first thing i would do would be to get a gangster ass alarm so i really wouldnt have to worry about it getting stolen again. after that, id probably just be going for some coilovers and a b16 swap because they are pretty cheap in an ef/eg/crx. along with some other simple things like rims and maybe a few bolt ons, then some cosmetic stuff. once that time comes, itll be parked in the backyard and ill just pull it out everyday.

or

keep it and get some beater DD and turn this thing into a weekend/autox car. my plans for it would be:

-completely gutted interior and sanded down and painted
-toss the front seats and get some recaros w/ harnesses
-s2k steering wheel
-omni power coilovers and all the other tie bars and all that other suspension junk
-probably some used c8's or slips if its gunna be used for autox
-ls/vtec or turbo D (opting for the ls/vtec because it will be easy to ref with an LS engine and then just swap the heads out. ill still want to drive it on the street from time to time)
-relocate battery to trunk
-cusco/auto power bolt in cage

the only thing with the second option is that it will take suuuper long to do so it will basically become a project car. also, id have to do the swap and get it reffed first because i need to by september 9th because i already got pulled over and need to go to the ref or ill get into some trouble.

any thoughts? oh and dont worry, if i go with either option youll be getting a new build thread to pay attention to, cuz i know how much you all love those lol.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
at least they were only rotas ;)

what do you need to get it running again? if its not much i will trade you my eg coupe and some cash for it, like you give me a bit of cash. dont know if you want to or not...? its an option.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
at least they were only rotas ;)

what do you need to get it running again? if its not much i will trade you my eg coupe and some cash for it, like you give me a bit of cash. dont know if you want to or not...? its an option.
thanks for the offer but if i do get an EG itll be a hatch, the coupe really isnt my thing. as far as to get it driveable again (it runs) is just the stock struts (have those in my garage) stock springs, a stock airbox, and a right front steelie and lug nuts. probably wanna get some new tires on the steelies but im not worried about that.

cmon, no opinions? i think im leaning towards option #2...sounds more fun

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats the link to the clist post? i'll go with ya! you need all the goons you can get.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sell it, to me, how much for the car?
thanks for the offer, but i just decided that im going to keep it.

whats the link to the clist post? i'll go with ya! you need all the goons you can get.
idk its in here somewhere. im over it really but thanks for the offer on that too lol

What kind of securities do you have in that car?
securities? im assuming you mean alarm lol. it just had a basic ass alarm on it. nothing special. they popped my hood and ripped the alarm wires out then opened the door with a shaved key and started it the same way too.

Wow I Just Saw Ur Car On Craiglist Is That U Selling It? Wisconsin Area?
wasnt mine, im from california.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no a day, The club is useless, auto lock might be useless, and alarm.