stolen civic insurance issues

colecivic

so they stoled my civic it has been a week already. i want to know any tips in dealing with the insurance company and making sure i get as m uch money back and perhaps howmuch money u got when ur civic was stolen..thank you

Trekk

Registered VIP
You have full coverage on a old civic?
I'd guess around $1,500- $2,500 but that depends on what they know about the car, what your coverage, is and what is covered under it. Otherwise to them they just assume its an old car with lots of miles on it, in stock form.

colecivic

i dont see nothing wrong with having full coverage on a old car. so if they steal at least i get some money back rather then nothing and the montly payment for insurance is not much of a difference from liabilty insurance

blknpurple

hmm this could be interesting...I dont think the insurance company would compensate for your upgrades, unless you had taken pictures or saved the receipts..I wonder if renter's insurance has any play in all this?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm this could be interesting...I dont think the insurance company would compensate for your upgrades, unless you had taken pictures or saved the receipts..I wonder if renter's insurance has any play in all this?
The insurance company will not compensate you for your upgrades even if you had pictures and receipts. It's not like you call them them and tell them to charge you more because your car is more valuable now. It doesn't work that way.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
The insurance company will not compensate you for your upgrades even if you had pictures and receipts. It's not like you call them them and tell them to charge you more because your car is more valuable now. It doesn't work that way.
That depends on the state and insurance company. In massachusetts you can insure rims n audio equipment. how ever you need receipts, pictures, n s/n's. When signing up for insurance they ask you if any upgrade have been before hand.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk