Strange Alternator wire colors

2Hornet

I have some strange wire colors for the alternator here is what i am looking at -

on car - White/Blue - White/Yellow - Blue - Black/Yellow

on alternator - Red - Blue - White/Blue <-- I know this is a JDM OBD0 alt so what i did was I snagged a USDM OBD0 plug which have the colors White/Blue - White/Yellow - Yellow - Black/ Yellow to help me get an idea of what the wires might be

Here is how I hooked the alt up -- using the USDM plug I matched up all the colors then just hooked the yellow to the blue

But yet im still not showing any charge coming from the alt -- if everyone thinks this might be the correct way to hook it up then I will look further into the alt being bad -- I dont get any battery lights or CEL lights. Could there be a fuse bad? Im thinking possible 12 -15 or 24 under dash.

Am I on the right track??? Thoughts or suggestions!

This is a 92 Civic Si with a 91 B16a that is used as an Outlaw Hornet dirt track car. I am running a P28 - GSR Distributor - Y8 injectors

RonJ

Banned
You have a 4-wire alternator plug for a 3-wire alternator, so one wire is disconnected, right? The disconnected wire should be the C wire, which should throw code 20. See below for how to match the wires correctly.

on car - White/Blue - White/Yellow - Blue - Black/Yellow
White/Blue = L wire for charge light
Blue - FR wire for signal to ECU
Black/Yellow = IG wire for power from fuse 24
White/Yellow = C wire for ELD

on alternator - Red - Blue - White/Blue
White/Blue = L wire
Blue = FR wire
Red = IG wire

<-- I know this is a JDM OBD0 alt so what i did was I snagged a USDM OBD0 plug which have the colors White/Blue - White/Yellow - Yellow - Black/ Yellow

Here is how I hooked the alt up -- using the USDM plug I matched up all the colors then just hooked the yellow to the blue
White/Blue = L wire
Yellow = FR wire
Black/ Yellow = IG wire
White/Yellow = C wire

2Hornet

Thanks for the color code much appreciated -- it helped out a lot so Im guessing ive got a bad Alt because its not charging the battery what so ever and I pulled the battery cable and the car died instantly.

Quick question though -

Im running a P28 does it not need the ELD wire?