Strut Bar options for LX Airbox: '96-'00

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am looking at strut tower bar and see what you guys/gals have installed. I am only interested in seeing photos. My car being an 98 LX trim. Seems like there aren't much option, due to how the air box is fitted. Let see what you have.

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You probably haven't received a reponse for 2 reasons. The 1st is that you came off somewhat like a jerk by how you said you didnt want comments. That doesnt encourage anyone to reply (including me). Secondly, there are hundreds of photos available online if you search for them.

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First let me publicly apologized for making it a sound like I'm a jerk. It was not intentional. I simply ask for other to please post photo, and not get into a heated debate about whether it help the chassis or not. Because in the past, may it not be here, topic always get derailed. Then people get into technical discussion. Then someone get mad, etc..etc.. I am asking simply for us to avoid that.

Furthermore, I understand there are photos online. I see some that fit my need, while some doesn't. Id just like too see more of what CC members are using. More personal approach I guess.

Again, my apology..
Please close thread if you deem appropriate..
I will continue to search for what I am needing.

G'day

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I, for one, can accept the apology. Whats done is done. Dont assume aggressive behavior before your first post. Just post a calm thread in the future. You've learned a lesson so lets move on and do this the right way.

I tweaked your title & first post to hopefully get some renewed interested.

Why specifically do you want to compare strut bars? You mentioned a potebtial clearance issue around the intake. Is there a specific strut bar youre referring to?

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any 3 point bar will I could find pictures of only show on EX trim. Neuspeed, well that fit but rare.. My option, seem like only 1, is intake manifold swap. With that, I can basically get any strut bar available..
Seen one DC bar that would fit. I was hoping for more option without having to swap manifold.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any 3 point bar will I could find pictures of only show on EX trim. Neuspeed, well that fit but rare.. My option, seem like only 1, is intake manifold swap. With that, I can basically get any strut bar available..
Seen one DC bar that would fit. I was hoping for more option without having to swap manifold.
:huh:
I half understand all of that. Please make a better effort to convey yourself clearly. I assume you have the engine with the filter box just above the valve cover.

If thats the case, then I can see your dilemma and what you needed to ask in your first post. Not everyone knows or easily recalls such trim differences. This is why thought out details are needed to receive good responses.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I re-tweaking your title (" '96-'00 Strut Tower Bar photos") now that we finally figured out what it is you're asking.