Strykr's '95 ej2 build thread

strykr

Hey everyone, I recently picked up a Black '95 EJ2 for only $500 locally from an older man who's wife left him and he no longer needed it. The car is completely stock minus the missing stereo which I figure he had a aftermarket deck in there at one point.

I have been working on honda/acura's for years now. This is my first honda, I also have a '94 Integra LS sitting in my driveway which had seen better days, after it getting broken into, damaged from idiots then the motor finally dying I gave up on restoring her as it would have cost more then it was worth. But on the bright side of my LS will be donating several parts over to the EJ2.

After picking up the car and getting almost to the house the car decided the headgasket wanted to start letting go, so I towed her to my GF's house till I could fix the headgasket and drive it to my place. It has been snowing consistently for the past week since I have gotten the car, and is now starting to warm up thankfully.

I will have pictures in the next day or two, and hopefully also have her droven to my house to start working on it.

So as of right now my list of things to do are:
- Replace head gasket
- Replace front bumper (previous owner hit something)
- Front lip
- Fog lights (from integra, previous owner installed foglights from an EJ)
- Antenna Delete Plate or Weld Closed
- Replace Headlights w/Blackhousing
- Rear and front disk conversion, and upgrade rotors (from intergra)
- Front and rear sway bars (from intergra)
- Possible dash, cluster and center console swap (from intergra)
- Install B18B1 or B18C w/B16 (Y21) trans
- Install Moates Demon on P75 ECU
- Headers
- PS, A/C delete
- Coilovers or Koni Yellow
- Window tint
- 15" Rota Slips
- Window Visor/Deflectors

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Sounds like a man with a plan! Get pics up ASAP :thumbs up

strykr

Ya I will definitely try to get those pictures up today, got off work early since the water lines are out at work. So the plan is to run to the car to take some pictures then head to get it registered and possibly towed home.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
antenna plate's about $10-$15 US, so I'd suggest that over welding it up. Also, how skilled are you with wiring and fabrication? Not sure how hard that dash conversion is, but personally sounds more trouble than it's probably worth

strykr

I have no problems with wiring, used to do it for a living lol and my fabrication skills are pretty good, only thing I'm still needing time with is painting.

The dash swap is actually pretty simple and just requires a little cutting of the support beam.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good to know it's not that difficult. I'm crap at fabrication (don't have the equipment OR the experience) and only passable at wiring. I mean, I can read a wiring diagram pretty well, and getting more practice with a soldering iron.
Remember seeing a car feature 3 or 4 years ago where guy decided to swap an RSX dash into his EG hatch. I believe it took him about a month to get it all put together. Yeah it looked pretty cool, but guess I'm too lazy to put that much effort into something that's functionally the same just to be different.

strykr

RSX dash would be nice, but I find it would look extremely out of place, the rsx dash looks modern, whereas the 5th Gen's dont look modern. The reason I am swapping the DC dash over is because I find it looks more sporty and at the same time looks nicer then the cheap look of the civic's dash, also it makes putting my DC gauge cluster in the car look stock. If I want to swap the door panels over, then there is a bit more fabication needed but not much more.

Now I just have to see if the DC power window parts will swap over.

strykr

Alright so after coming back from the field with the military were I was for the past week, I finally got the EJ2 home! I will be taking pictures of the car before I do anything so that I can get before and after pictures. Then the plan is to check everything over to see what needs to be repaired, then Ill be installing my MOMO steering wheel, Sony headunit and hopefully start on the dash swap.

On a side note, the quaters look like they'll need to just be replaced because the "surface rust" is only at the top and well... the bottom of the wheel well looks like crap. But I will be taking a better look after work to see how bad it actually is.

strykr

Well finally back from vacation:cry: Over the holidays I was going through several ideas of what my plan was to do with the EJ2 and I decided to hold off on the B-series swap to do a complete rebuild on it, but while I rebuild the B18 I will still replace the headgasket on the D15B7 so that I can still drive the car back and forth from my auto club down the road for when I work on it.

Now that I'm back from vacation I can finally snap some pictures, although there's snow everywhere so the shots wont be the greatest but I'll remove as much snow as possible.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now that I'm back from vacation I can finally snap some pictures, although there's snow everywhere so the shots wont be the greatest but I'll remove as much snow as possible.
I got that photo of your car uploaded