ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know it has been brought up in the past with emergence of smart phones but instead of a mobile version of the site, what about mobile apps for Android and iOS? I know there is quite a bit of work that goes into this but it could boost the site activity.

Ideas for functionality:
-Keep it basic
-Thread browsing and posting
-User CP
-PM's
-No signatures
-Keep avys as quite a few people use them for user recognition
-Possibly a home page with features, donate, etc.

My idea was simplicity and to boost site activity. And of course for those of us that don't like using mobile web pages when not around a PC.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I personally think this would be awesome... and would download it immediately, but I'm not so sure that Justin has the time / capability to develop this...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That is probably the case Joe but i know there are people out there that have jobs that would like to check stuff at work or when out and about. I do have access to do pretty much whatever I want to on my PC at work but all web activity is tracked so I try and keep off non work sites. I know I would DL it as soon as it came out. Even if the iOS app was $.99 or something just to offset so of the costs associated with it I think it would be worth it.