Suggestions and Advice for my Turbo 1.6

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i am putting together a game plan for my turbo build. Basically i want a DD D16 pushing about 200-250. I plan to take away some headaches and just use a greddy kit minus the intercooler and just buy the intercooler and piping from Tuner Toys. Now i am thinking about going about it two ways....or both.

One: Boost the block i have now that has 90K on it and Comp. tested to 160-170 PSI. With just fuel system and ignition upgrades on a good tune.

Two: Buy another Y7/Y8 block and do a mild build with Vitara pistons and GE rods and all the ARP hardware i can squeeze between the OEM bearings. All sealed with OEM honda gaskets.

Three: Do number one :lol: then number two :lol:

I might be gettting a whole Y7 motor for $100 bucks if that happens i will probably end up doing number 2 first.....

Feel free to give me your two cents on this.....thanks guys.

BTW i have been reading all over TurboD16.com some dont tell me search...this is not about info more or less opinions.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm...well it depends on how fast u can get money lol......im going to do your number three....just put a small kit on my block and make a good stock DD at around 220 whp.......then after a while im going to buy new rods, pistons, turbo, etc to run around 20-25 psi.....but s**t if u can skip number one i say go for it lol.......

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boost your current motor, till it blows of corse, but in the mean time, buy the othe engine and do a mild build.

always nice to have spare engines.

i now have a spare DOHC ZC, and getting a spare B18b1:lol:

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah that is what i was thinking just boost mine and build the spare one on the side.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if thats all the hp goals you have, you dont need to build the motor. get some ARP headstuds and a good tune and call it good

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if thats all the hp goals you have, you dont need to build the motor. get some ARP headstuds and a good tune and call it good
Yeah i should just do that. But what about boosting the motor i have now getting a block on the side rebuilding it with new bearing and gaskets with the arp bolts? That way i have a nice fresh block and dont have to worry about anything happening, good?

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah i should just do that. But what about boosting the motor i have now getting a block on the side rebuilding it with new bearing and gaskets with the arp bolts? That way i have a nice fresh block and dont have to worry about anything happening, good?
Esp. since you found a good deal on a new one, I'd say opt for that route.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have the money to spend on a build, go for it. s**t adds up quick though ;)

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have the money to spend on a build, go for it. s**t adds up quick though ;)
Yeah it does. I was thinking about just doing a stock rebuild on this y7 block i am getting and just beefy up the hardware and my fuel/ignition. That should be more then enough for what i want.