Suggestions for fog lights?! Help me out.

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
So Im sick of my cheap fog lights that keep failing on me. I need new fog lights for the winter and can you guys give me suggestions of some legit fog lights? Hows passwordjdm? They look legit but its a little pricey, please give me some suggestions, any help will be appreciated.

As far as research goes, anyone could google "civic fog lights" but can anyone reccommend fog lights from your past experiences?

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Oem. I'm sure the pwjdm ones are great too

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ebay is your best bet. PwJDM look aftermarket.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've got a set of Depo EK fogs I'm selling. They're Brand New, In the Box, NEVER been installed.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why are they failing on you for? whats wrong with them? could be a different problem because I've used ebay foglights before without any problems

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
why are they failing on you for? whats wrong with them? could be a different problem because I've used ebay foglights before without any problems
After, I washed my car the first time, they turned on by themselves while the car was OFF. Came back on a couple days later. 2nd time I washed my car, they never came back on again lol.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
After, I washed my car the first time, they turned on by themselves while the car was OFF. Came back on a couple days later. 2nd time I washed my car, they never came back on again lol.
Sounds like a wiring problem. The water probably shorted something out

Sent from my LG-E379 running ICSyndicate 2.0

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get OEM. I've had my OEM set for over 6 years and I've never had a single issue with them.

I got my set from www.handaaccessories.com for around $140 shipped.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i don't think its going to matter what fogs you get if you don't wire them correctly and or protect them from the environment.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get OEM. I've had my OEM set for over 6 years and I've never had a single issue with them.

I got my set from www.handaaccessories.com for around $140 shipped.
This. I had the eBay fogs yea they worked but not even two months later the harness was messed up and I was winking at people driving down the road

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Should I just buy a whole new set? I just took them apart and inspected every detail but looks like its gone forever.
Read below

i don't think its going to matter what fogs you get if you don't wire them correctly and or protect them from the environment.
Just cause it looks good visually don't mean s**t when it comes to electronics. You ever take a cellphone apart after dropping it in water? Everything looks fine to the untrained eye but yet it still don't work. Water damage is funny like that.

I recommend going OEM or top of line after market. When wiring them up make sure the wires are as far away from water as possible and wrap the wire in wire loom. Now for the lights them selfs make sure there sealed 100% from the elements.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I drive my car every year all year through all weather whether it's a complete torrential downpour or blizzard. I haven't touched my fog lights since I've installed them (except when I changed bulbs and re-wired them to stay on with high beams). OEM > *

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Read below

Just cause it looks good visually don't mean s*** when it comes to electronics. You ever take a cellphone apart after dropping it in water? Everything looks fine to the untrained eye but yet it still don't work. Water damage is funny like that.

I recommend going OEM or top of line after market. When wiring them up make sure the wires are as far away from water as possible and wrap the wire in wire loom. Now for the lights them selfs make sure there sealed 100% from the elements.

whats your point thats what i just said if there not wired correctly and protected from the environment your going to have problems im sure the oem's have better shielding.