sunroof

Discussion in 'Exterior / Detailing / Bodywork' started by HondaWoman1207, Oct 13, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. HondaWoman1207

HondaWoman1207 New Member

My sunroof doesn't open. When I push the button only thing it does is grind. Is that the gears or something else?

2. Kensai

Kensai ♪♫♪♫♪~ Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Yeah, since you hear it grinding its getting power/ground and the motor is working fine.

As it hasn't blown any fuses yet, that means its probably not physical resistance, so my assumption would be the little gear on the sunroof motor is worn out and it's just grinding on whatever it is trying to drive. Either that or the thing it drives is stripped, which is less likely.

3. HondaWoman1207

Thank you!

4. young_

young_ out on bail Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

on my 5th gen coupe my sunroof used to like to stick and it would just sit there and whine. Turns out I just had to give it a push. I sprayed some lubricant in the tracks and where it seals and I haven't had a problem since.

5. HondaWoman1207

I never thought about that but im afraid off glass now had bad experience with it. I will get my husband to try it. Thank you for the help =)