Supercharger or Turbo for my 07 Si???

DaltonSD

5+ Year Member
Ok.
I am thinking about getting some more power for my 07 civic Si. A friend tells me that a supercharger would be better for my civic. Do you agree with him?
Should I get the supercharger or the Turbo?
Please tell me why the have the opinon you have.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh man S/C and an LSD = f'ing awesome off the line and out of corners.

check out Clubrsx.com in the video's section for S/C'd TypeS's, they sound sick.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still lean towards turbo on a K, BUT I've seen some recent examples of s/c'd K's that 'effin rock!

Plus I'm not entirely certain of the room on an Si between the exhaust and the firewall to mount a turbo. :what: It looks tight back there.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you looking for a bolt on kit?? if so either is really gonna add the same amount of power on dem der K's, and what charger are you looking at?? i know greddy makes a turbo & i imagine more do also now that its been out for a while, if it were me i'd prob charge the lil b***h cause not many are doing it anymore

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have an 06 Si and have been asking myself the same thing. The conclusion I have come to is that if you want under 275 hp you can s/c but at a price of over 4000.00 for the comptech kit for only a 50-75 hp gain I dont think its worth it. For a little more than that you can buy the kit hytech is putting together that includes cams, valves, retainers, pistons, header, exhaust and reflash that is supposed to make over 250 whp. So for a little more than the comptech kit you get almost the same peak power but you are still n/a. But f you want 280 or more whp turbo is the way to go. The ajp kit is making in the 350 range on stock internals and that kit is in the 5000 range. So first decide how much power you want then we can get into the detail of whats the best way to make it.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If it were my money and my Si, I'd go with the blower.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Plus I'm not entirely certain of the room on an Si between the exhaust and the firewall to mount a turbo. :what: It looks tight back there.
there is TONS of room back there, in fact some people have been saying there is MORE room back there than in an RSX

it's just covered by the cowl thats all

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its really dpends on what type of power you like. If your a fan ov v8's go with a supercharger, some people like its instant torque. I'm a big fan of turbo's, i just like the spoolin feelin. It kinda sucks you back into the seat versus flung back into the seat like supercharger does.

warmin

5+ Year Member
id go supercharger just cuz i hav one in my pgt. i like the instant kick of the sc more rather than the a lag of the turbo. IMO i'd only run a turbo if i were gonna boost 15psi or more.

gl with the project...sounds sick!

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turbo, I was reading a thread somewhere , maybe it was on CC. some guy had over 350whp? I think, and and still on the stock clutch with no slipping. On the stock internals and everything.

But on such a new car, I don't know what I would do.

#1FG

Rev Limiter= Fun Limiter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
warmin said:
id go supercharger just cuz i hav one in my pgt. i like the instant kick of the sc more rather than the a lag of the turbo. IMO i'd only run a turbo if i were gonna boost 15psi or more.

gl with the project...sounds sick!

Werd, but turbos setups if built correctly have virtually no turbo lag.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Supercharge it.....You can make around 300whp with it and that thing would fly.!!!!

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all depends on preference.

SC will have good low end pull but probaly loose it at top end, turbo, like said before if done right can have almost no lag

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would say too much attention on a person with 1 post that hasnt logged in since the first hour of his registration ......................... ghey!!!!

warmin

5+ Year Member
anonmassive said:
i would say too much attention on a person with 1 post that hasnt logged in since the first hour of his registration ......................... ghey!!!!
yea true...its a good topic though

2nedhnda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dank24 said:
turbo, I was reading a thread somewhere , maybe it was on CC. some guy had over 350whp? I think, and and still on the stock clutch with no slipping. On the stock internals and everything.

But on such a new car, I don't know what I would do.
He was making this power on only 6-6.5 psi too :shock: Imagine being able to turn that ish up!!!