superhead's super-slow wagovan build

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like the rims you posted. Definitely look good (but usually WAY too expensive). Those wagon pics are nice as well, despite the stretched tire, bad camber look. 5 lug conversion, as well. Wonder what the rotor/spindles came from?

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So, I met with a guy who does body work last night and he said he could take care of my rust and repaint the two doors where it's at from the trim down for $300-$350. Seem pretty reasonable?

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So, I've never had a clutch go bad on me yet. Would a squeaking noise from what I assume is the clutch whenever I start going on a hill be indicative of the clutch needing replacement?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So, I met with a guy who does body work last night and he said he could take care of my rust and repaint the two doors where it's at from the trim down for $300-$350. Seem pretty reasonable?
I'd say so as long as it's not crap work. I'd pay that for all my rust spots!

So, I've never had a clutch go bad on me yet. Would a squeaking noise from what I assume is the clutch whenever I start going on a hill be indicative of the clutch needing replacement?
Squeaking going up hill? Hmm... Possible I guess if you're putting more stress on it. If you change it, get a light flywheel too. :thumbs up

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think part of it is just not being totally used to the clutch yet. It's stiffer and catches much more quickly than the clutch in my EK did.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I just noticed today that I'm definitely burning oil. Looks like it's time to take the head off and do valve guide seals and head gasket. Anything I should expect to possibly break? Anything else I should replace while I'm in there?

EDIT: Actually, looks like I should do a compression test first to make sure it's not the rings.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's kinda weird.. earlier was the first time I'd really noticed any smoke from the exhaust, and there was quite a bit, but I just drove home and there was little to none.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not sure what the smoke was from. It hasn't done it again since then. No updates really. Been busy with the end of the semester and nothing has broken recently lol.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
it might have just backfired. If it starts burning oil again, do a compression test. if its low, put oil in th ecylinders through the spark plug holes. If compression goes up, its rings, if not its something else. Until the car runs poorly, i wouldnt bother. All cars burn oil, and as long as you keep an eye on it, you'll be ok.

Also you should look into converting from dpfi to mpfi with a z6 intake mani, ls integra TB, and obd1 fuel rail. Gets rid of several useless sensors and crap that are known to make wagons run kinda funky. and its good for about 6 hp and a better power band in mid to high rpms :D

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the input! I would do the MPFI conversion, but I'd like to do a B-series swap sometime, and I'll have to do it then anyway.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you're still looking for some wheels, check out Ebay, search for "Advan rally". Some really nice older white wheels, 4x100 and 13 inch. I have to run 14 inch minimum on my civic, due to the EX rotors/hubs. You're still rocking stock 13s, right?

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you're still looking for some wheels, check out Ebay, search for "Advan rally". Some really nice older white wheels, 4x100 and 13 inch. I have to run 14 inch minimum on my civic, due to the EX rotors/hubs. You're still rocking stock 13s, right?
I do like those. I'm actually running stock 14 steelies with wheel covers from a 99-00. They were on the car when I bought it. I have the original 13s as well though.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No updates really. Nothing has broken and I'm too poor to buy anything, although I'm super tempted right now to buy some coilovers with my Amazon store card.... I want moar low

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol i know how it is to want to buy stuff but know u shouldnt...

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's so hard lol. I just wanna do something to this car, and coilovers are my top choice right now.