superhead's super-slow wagovan build

Abyss

I think some Diamond racing wheels would look good on your car, but that's just me.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I've considered the possibility of rebarreling some teardrops since you can get them really cheap.
that's expensive. your talking 1-2k possibly I think. it's not a regular steel wheel your widening

I personally hate diamonds and widened steelers in general

I believe mk3 vr6 lip matches up to your car

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's expensive. your talking 1-2k possibly I think. it's not a regular steel wheel your widening

I personally hate diamonds and widened steelers in general

I believe mk3 vr6 lip matches up to your car

Hmmm. That sucks.

Yeah I think some VW lips work and some Volvo ones work. I might put a lip on it, but I kinda like it without it.

If I went with a lip it would be something subtle, like this

crxbrad

Just went through all the pages. Snowy Saturday morning for me. Haha
Looking good. Still haven't gotten a set of wheels though? On page 24!
I would have snatched up a set off of CL for like $400 already.
I just got a wagon a few months ago. So another wagon brother here I guess.
Also, I'm sure you know by now but when you thought you had fuel deliiveryand were looking for a injector resistor box...there isn't one cause the DPFI didn't come with one.

Keep the updates coming. =)

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just went through all the pages. Snowy Saturday morning for me. Haha
Looking good. Still haven't gotten a set of wheels though? On page 24!
I would have snatched up a set off of CL for like $400 already.
I just got a wagon a few months ago. So another wagon brother here I guess.
Also, I'm sure you know by now but when you thought you had fuel deliiveryand were looking for a injector resistor box...there isn't one cause the DPFI didn't come with one.

Keep the updates coming. =)
I keep my eye out on CL, but there haven't been any wheels I've really wanted. I'm a pretty patient person, and I'm willing to wait to get what I want rather than settle for something else. Congrats on the wagon purchase! You got a build thread?

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I keep my eye out on CL, but there haven't been any wheels I've really wanted. I'm a pretty patient person, and I'm willing to wait to get what I want rather than settle for something else. Congrats on the wagon purchase! You got a build thread?
I hear ya about the wheels. Mostly all I can find are trashed, oversized (17 and 18s mostly) or just plain UGLY.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah. It's a pretty nice car. Leather, V6, dual climate control. She loves it. I've always liked the 7th gen coupes. Wouldn't mind having the SE-V6 with the six speed manual.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the v6 is nice, until you have to work on it. changing the rear plugs was a b**** on my wife's Odyssey. Actually, had some clearance issues on the front middle one as well. Ended up having to get another extension, because the ones I had were either too long (interfered with the radiator/AC lines) or was too short to reach the sparkplug. At least you won't have to worry about that for a long while, since it's new

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So, I'm torn. I need to sell my EK coupe to make back the down payment I put down on the wife's car, but at the same time, I'm tired of how slow the wagon is. I'm thinking about taking the D16 out of the coupe and putting it in the wagon, and then either putting the D15 in the coupe (lol) or just parting out the coupe. Thing is, I've never parted out a car and idk if I'll be able to get $2k out of it. If I sold the coupe how it is right now with the D16 in it, I'd say I could get $3k for it. Or I could just wait and save and buy a motor from hmotors.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id sell it and save for a swap. Parting out a car is a pain in the ass.