Suspension

Yungpaco

What's up guys. I recently bought a 98 civic hatchback. It's lowered and I'm not sure on what brand springs but they are yellow... Anyways I bought this auto car mainly because it is in good shape and I want it as a commuter. I don't have huge plans for it but as of right now I don't like the lowered springs it has. I commute to school and work fairly far and the current springs make my rides pretty bouncy, which I don't like. I'm looking for some springs or struts or whatever that will make my ride enjoyable and smooth, maybe a little sporty too. Any ideas on what aftermarket springs I should look for that I can get for a good price? That also brings me to my second question, what's the difference between springs,struts,shocks, and coilovers? Obviously I need to know this first before I can understand my first question lol. Thanks for the help!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice Yungpaco!

Those cars are becoming increasingly rare - especially in the mid-west where I'm at. Keep it in good condition and it will be sure to hold its value. Any pics?

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
As far as suspension set ups, you will need to inform yourself a bit more unless your buying a set up already put together. Such as a set of coilovers, but if you would like to use different springs and shocks you will need to do more research concerning valving and spring rates.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk