sway bar for 4drs eg

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i want to get some F+R sway bar for my 4drs eg..what do u guy recommend..if from integ or ctr..what years will fit..and what would i need to make a perfect fit..i know i need subframe brace to prevent the tearing of the frame..so what sway would i need to get? and can i use oem endlink?

99ExDriver

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
94-01 Integra will fit your car and also you will need the integra endlink and lca

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
save money and just get the rear sway, no need for the front unless u like understeer. Beaks or ASR are both great, either will do fine.

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i put an ex front sway bar and a gsr rear sway bar on mine. both bolted right up with some extra bolts required. i had a dx so i went and got the other half of the lower front control arm that had the little hole in it for a sway bar application. both and easy upgrade.

t4r6n

5+ Year Member
had ITR rear sway bar with Beaks kit and still tore out my subframe. Get the ASR brace. btw, selling my ITR sway bar.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
save money and just get the rear sway, no need for the front unless u like understeer. Beaks or ASR are both great, either will do fine.
thats considering he has a front sway....how big is your stock front sway? if its anywhere from 19mm+ then civicexspeedy is correct.

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i DO have oem front and rear sway bar..i don't know how big they are..i'm still researching for the size..my car is a 95 LX 4drs..i was looking at the ST Suspension sway bar on ebay..their website said front is 25mm and rear is 19mm..i read somewhere that the rear is 20mm stock..but it wasn't confirmed so it's still debatable..also looked at the ASR brace, boy those thing are pricey..would u still need the subframe brace even though u have stock rear sway on board??

the ST suspension kit didn't say anything about needing it..i didn't think u would need it unless ur car didn't come with one.

i'm looking for something that bolt right on with everything i have stock..no need for extra lca or anything..may need blox endlink though..but i'm not very sure about it..

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i DO have oem front and rear sway bar..i don't know how big they are..i'm still researching for the size..my car is a 95 LX 4drs..i was looking at the ST Suspension sway bar on ebay..their website said front is 25mm and rear is 19mm..i read somewhere that the rear is 20mm stock..but it wasn't confirmed so it's still debatable..also looked at the ASR brace, boy those thing are pricey..would u still need the subframe brace even though u have stock rear sway on board??

the ST suspension kit didn't say anything about needing it..i didn't think u would need it unless ur car didn't come with one.

i'm looking for something that bolt right on with everything i have stock..no need for extra lca or anything..may need blox endlink though..but i'm not very sure about it..
front OEM for a '95 4dr LX is 21mm*confirmed on majestic honda*. im not 100% sure about the rear, but my guess would be its the same 13mm on the SI hatch model*oem size list*.

since u already have a front swaybar, just upgrade the rear. when you upgrade the rear, u'll want a subframe support of some kind, either Beaks or ASR are fine. also, when u upgrade the rear swaybar, u end up using larger d-brackets and that widens the mounting holes on the subframe. that means u'll have to drill 2 holes into the subframe to mount the bar. its not hard but a must.

i run the Beaks 22mm SRK on my '95 EX and i've put it through about 15 autox events and a novice school last year along with daily driving it for about 8 months, never had any problems with it.

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^thanks..what's a d-bracket?? is that something the came with the subframe from ASR?? sorry..noob here..

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i found out the front is 21mm and rear is 13mm...if i upgrade the rear to 21mm, would that be ok?? blox have one that's 21mm..so front and back is the same..any benefit for having same front and rear size?? or any disadvantage?

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sweet..i'm gonna get it on my next paycheck..do i still need to get the Blox endlink or aftermarket LCA if i go for the blox rear sway??

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check to make sure if the Blox swaybar comes with the endlinks or not. if if dosnt, then u may want to get the Blox endlinks. as for LCA's, u shouldnt need them since u already have endlink mount holes for ur current swaybar.

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have to get them separate..the auction i saw noted that the endlink are not available with the auction..even though it's in the picture..it's old picture i guess..

kynetguy

5+ Year Member
that'll be better than 13mm for sure. go for it.
I was under the impression that if you need to run a small rear than front. I thought that the closer you get to the same size the more prone to understeer you become? Is that not right?

And with the ASR brace, does this remove the need for a lower strut brace?