T25 on a H22

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I recently bought a Nissan flanged T25 thats in good shape, polished compressor housing, etc. for $150. I've been trying to complie parts to make a basic turbo kit for my H22, I found a place that will make a T25 log style manifold for the H22.

However most people tell me its a dumb idea, that the turbo is too small. My thought was that its small so it will spool quicker and I'm only going to run 7 to 8psi of boost so why go with a larger T3?

Also should I decide to go ahead and run the T25, what does 7 or 8 psi on a T3 equal out to on a T25 to make the same power? Reason being is I've seen most people with stock internals on a H22 only run 7 to 8 psi because thats as much as you can run safely.

I'm just looking for some opinions.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly...I think it might be too small for the h22. You won't be getting very much hp. My friend had one on his LS for a while, but it got maxed out pretty easily. I may be wrong tho, I'm by no means a turbo expert. I would still suggest a t3 or t3/t4 even for the low b00st app.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that turbo is going to suck on an H22!

s**t, they suck on sohc motors...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah T25 is a really small turbo, that would make you highly unsatisfied if used

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a t25 is for a very low budgest diy turbo kit on a d series sohc, never should it be on anything else. waste of time and money, make it worth yours. sure itll spool fast..... and die out half way to redline.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EGlude Attitude said:
However most people tell me its a dumb idea, that the turbo is too small. My thought was that its small so it will spool quicker and I'm only going to run 7 to 8psi of boost so why go with a larger T3?
Small will spool quicker, yes. But this also limits how high your turbo can boost. If your motor can spool the turbo up rather quickly, then at the high end you'll be maxing out the turbo and that destroys your whole purpose to make power because it won't make any more power high up there on the tach.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:
for 7 psi im sure it will work....
work (wûrk)
n.

1. Physical or mental effort or activity directed toward the production or accomplishment of something.

sure, itll work, if you mean spin the turbine. work and effective are two different terms.

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*sigh* useless. . . my friend has a tuned turbo h22 lude he ran 13.2 @120+ mph spun all the way on a T3T4 pushing 9 psi. that turbo is a 60Trim and it believe it or not. . is too small

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is his block built though?

Ive been thinking about a turbo setup for my H, im used to driving the h22 now, so its just not fast enough... time to be faster. But ive heard horror stories of boosted h22's with frv sleeves.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im assuming its an S13 SR20 T25. You'll be able to safely get between 230 and 250whp from it. Maybe a little more depending on mods.

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea, I'll snap some camera phone pix of the T25 and post them up tomorrow, its pretty good shape. I'm running all stock internals for now. I've been searching around on eBay for a T3/T4 , T3 Super 60, pretty much anything T3 and all I'm getting those junky Chinese made XS Power or the units that just say "TURBO" on the compressor housing....I'm sure thats real high quality...:roll:

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PhntmSk8r said:
is his block built though?

Ive been thinking about a turbo setup for my H, im used to driving the h22 now, so its just not fast enough... time to be faster. But ive heard horror stories of boosted h22's with frv sleeves.

nope. . . stock JDM H22A closed deck

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
EGlude Attitude said:
Yea, I'll snap some camera phone pix of the T25 and post them up tomorrow, its pretty good shape. I'm running all stock internals for now. I've been searching around on eBay for a T3/T4 , T3 Super 60, pretty much anything T3 and all I'm getting those junky Chinese made XS Power or the units that just say "TURBO" on the compressor housing....I'm sure thats real high quality...:roll:
dude same here....f**kin xs power....

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HOORAY! I just picked up a used T3/T4, .50AR , 2 1/2" Exhaust side with V-Clamp downpipe and 3" Intake side. Its off a custom built DSM that this guy I know owns, its in good shape. Mark put a 6 puck racing clutch in it and broke the throw-out bearing fork in half so while its down he's going to upgrade his turbo and front mount so he sold the stuff real cheap.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good, glad you have something that is actually usefull now!