Tach

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok in your OPINION is a o say like 5 inch tach with lite rice??(btw i would also have a tach in teh gauge cluster =))i really like the way they look if they are installed in teh right spot, and when i get my new motor, my tach will show redline at like 6x100, and i want a tach that is at least 10k.....in my opinionits not rice if its done right, and if its on a good motor, i was just wondering what you guys thought

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well 600 rpms is a lil low dont ya think? ;) and i dont think they are rice if they have a use....which eventaully you will have a use....another thing you may want to look into....

i used to own a ford probe and in a board i used to belong to a guy placed a shift light in the air vent to the right of his steering wheel it looked sweet and worked very well....think about it

93delsol

Polar BAER
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
External tach's are not rice as long as you are not running stock and just have the thing to pretend your car is crazy fast and you need a large tach.. To me rice is anything in excess. Too many decals or decals from companies that are not on your car. If your tach is for show...I don't know. If your tach is for you to get that 3rd gear powershift down just right then I say go 4 it!

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why do you need an aftermarket tach if the one in your dash works just fine? and unless you plan on revving your engine to 10,000 rpm's, why do you need a redline that high? to me having one of those tachs is tacky to say the least, its also an open invatation for a theif. those tachs are pretty expensive, and it gives him a good reason to risk getting caught to see what else you have in there. the more you advertise that stuff, the more theives take notice.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whoa im confused i thought the gauge beside the speedo. was called a rev limiter and not a tach

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yes thats a tach. a rev limiter is a code built into the ecu to limit how fast the engine can spin- rev. its to prevent the engine from operating at speeds exceeding its designed limits and breaking. the tach simply shows the current engine rpm. the redline (the, well red line on the tach) is the highest safe rpm for the engine to operate at, and its usually just below the rpm where the rev limiter kicks in. example- the b16a2 has a redline of 8000 rpm, with a rev limiter of 8200 rpm.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o i get it now but y does my moms '91 plymoth sundance have a tach and its an auto?i never go this

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
basically to say the car has a tach, it doesnt really do any good. some people just like to have them.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah and the damn dealers who sell the car charge ya more =) and yeah i just wanted a tach cuase i think they are kewl, and i will only get a tach if i dont buy a new guage cluster with a proper redline.....

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by handlebarsfsr
why do you need an aftermarket tach if the one in your dash works just fine? and unless you plan on revving your engine to 10,000 rpm's, why do you need a redline that high? to me having one of those tachs is tacky to say the least, its also an open invatation for a theif. those tachs are pretty expensive, and it gives him a good reason to risk getting caught to see what else you have in there. the more you advertise that stuff, the more theives take notice.
:werd:

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, to me it only makes sense if...

1. you have a ride with no tach at all

2. youre running a drag car with a complete stripped interior

3. you have a show car

4. you have a crazy cluster set up like andy

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is tight!!!
BTW who is Andy? Whos car is dat?

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aight thanks, i never remember everyones names

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats awesome....i decided what i want to do...talked to my dad and we came up with this....take out old tach, put new one it its spot...do as civikid said and put the light in the air vent....the middle one....and also ive decided when i turbo i want the boost guuge there as well....going for sleeper look

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you do know that team 4r's setup there is no speedo. you are gonna have to find a tiny tach to fit in that space, its gonna be even smaller than the one you have now because theres going to be an outer casing that the stocker doesnt have.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just wait and see, guys.......... i'm going to fit two more gauges into that little area..!

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehe man how long did it take to lay that out and then actually do it??and what guages you got in there?