tail lights

bofthe951

Okay so while searching craigslist I found this set of 99-00 si tail lights. HERE I hate the stock ones on my car. Would it be a direct swap or does the housing for the si lights have a different shape or measurement???:deadhorse2:

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just saw this same craiglist add too. thats a good price. i paid 70 for mine, but one of the taillights was cracked. so i paid an extra 30$ to buy extra si tailights for the trunk. will post in craigslist soon.

StylezEJ7

What is the cheapest place online where I can find SI Tails? (besides craigslist, already checked)

civic49

just find a girl with a 99 or 00 civic that knows nothing about it and just sweet talk her and then just switch out ur tails for hers...its wat i did...didnt cost me a penny ha

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there is no difference between the 99=00 si taillights and the other 99-00 coupe taillights. OP i see that you have an LX, meaning you have a sedan. the taillights will not fit your car. all the 96-00 coupe taillights are the same size, the only difference is that the 99-00 dont have the amber turn signal. it is all white. the 96-98 and 99-00 sedan taillights are physically different. they are different sizes and will not swap. all of the 96-00 hatchbacks are the same size.

96-98 coupe

99-00 coupe

96-98 sedan

99-00 sedan

96-98 hatchback

99-00 hatchback

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ nice, that will help out alot people, thanks for posting that man

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you have a sedan?

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get the 50/50 tails, ive seen them for sedans too...

bofthe951

when i saw the ones on cgslist i called him up and he already sold em. been searching for them, and can't find anything. :(

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your info says you have a 99. is that correct??

99-00

96-98

youll have to search for them. there are many companies who make tail lights like these. i believe their are also OEM ones for the 99-00 models, but they were never on the USDM sedans.

bofthe951

your info says you have a 99. is that correct??

99-00

96-98

youll have to search for them. there are many companies who make tail lights like these. i believe their are also OEM ones for the 99-00 models, but they were never on the USDM sedans.
that's exactly what i need to find. hmm. i google'd it and all it came up with was people asking the same question. guess i'll have to go on an adventure through ebay.

bofthe951

ok i figured out the problem. i was looking specifically for Si tail lights. when i typed "red clear 99 civic sedan" popped up with THIS which I believe is what i want