tax return

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so im like 3g's in debt of taxes but as of a hour ago my GF offerd to pay it off for me in return of me giving it back over time....plus I spend like twice tht much on her alone in a year... so ill be keeping something n my pocket this year :D...all funds will go towards another civic.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well thanx to some unclaimed investment income i owe uncle sam a good chunk...DAM YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!
cant wait for next year, ill be able to claim my son!!! =)
eh i'm gonna owe about 800+ but i'm just guesstimating so i could be wrong

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't understand why anyone would setup their taxes to the point where they OWE money at the end of the year???

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you guys already filed and everything? i didn't even get my W2's yet :(

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ employers are required by law to send out w-2's before february 1, if I am not mistaken...

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
idk. hopefully its in the mail

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I e-filed mine with turbotax basic and received an IRS confirmation within a couple hours. It's not cheap though, $20 for federal and $30 for state. I could have done it on paper and saved $50 but it would have taken a couple hours versus 20 minutes with TT, and I'm sure I would have screwed something up with my 1098 or something else.

*edit*
I hear HR Block has software that will do state taxes for free...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ employers are required by law to send out w-2's before february 1, if I am not mistaken...
By law, your W-2 must be postmarked or handed to you by 1/31. They can be fined if they fail to comply. I'd say something.

I e-filed mine with turbotax basic and received an IRS confirmation within a couple hours. It's not cheap though, $20 for federal and $30 for state. I could have done it on paper and saved $50 but it would have taken a couple hours versus 20 minutes with TT, and I'm sure I would have screwed something up with my 1098 or something else.

*edit*
I hear HR Block has software that will do state taxes for free...
I used TurboTax too. So fast and easy. I can put in my 1098-E info and everything happens in like 15 seconds. Sooo convenient!

And instead of paying with my bank account, I had em deduct it from my return. Either way, I'm losing money so I figured I'd just get that much less back instead of getting more back then getting it taken away again.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And instead of paying with my bank account, I had em deduct it from my return. Either way, I'm losing money so I figured I'd just get that much less back instead of getting more back then getting it taken away again.
You know they charge an additional $30 to deduct the product cost from your refund?! But if you give them a debit/credit card number they don't charge that... it's ridiculous!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You know they charge an additional $30 to deduct the product cost from your refund?! But if you give them a debit/credit card number they don't charge that... it's ridiculous!
I guess I didn't read the fine print. Those f**king bastards! Oh well. It's still the most I've ever gotten back, that's all I'm happy about :lol:.

emerican

Registered VIP
I did my federal with h and r block software cost me nothing i did my state by mail so it cost me noting could have done it online. but didnt want to pay anything since i dont really need the money that fast.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did my federal with h and r block software cost me nothing i did my state by mail so it cost me noting could have done it online. but didnt want to pay anything since i dont really need the money that fast.
H&R block is free?!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i do my own taxes =) way easier to do it from home..plus i download all my own programs so i saved $80 bucks by not having to buy turbo tax premier 2011..

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm going to buy me a boat!

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My tax returns can go a few routes, Either save it, use it for SiR bumpers for my EK, go towards body work and paint, or even possibly some del sol seats :D

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Gettin 7k back lovin my kids right now

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Holy f**k I'm jealous....

I filed last saturday and got my deposit yesterday. Wooooo gooooo TT! About to go to the bank to move it to another bank :lol:.