Tein's vs Koni/GC

Jon247

Hey guys,
i just wanted to hear others opinions on which would you choose and why.
I'm only looking to drop it and leave probably a one finger gap between the fender and tire, I have a 00 EX coupe.
Koni/GC setup? Or Tein Street Basis coilovers?

Thanks CC

Jon247

koni/gc. everyone I have gotten to convert to it love it,
idk why but someone i know swears by Tein but im a little hesitant, so far i havent heard anything bad about the Koni/GC setup and i like the lifetime warranty with the yellows.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
idk why but someone i know swears by Tein but im a little hesitant, so far i havent heard anything bad about the Koni/GC setup and i like the lifetime warranty with the yellows.
Because they have never tried anything else. There's a reason why most people run koni/gc

Jon247

Were you guys able to drop it low(like one finger gap) with no problems at all overall??

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Honestly tein has their s**t down but koni gc setup is best bang for your buck coilover

Jon247

Seems like it, but does anyone know where i can find a good video or website as to how to put together the Koni/GC's?
I've run into many but not sure which one is the right one or best

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
My brother just installed Koni/GCs with custom spring rates on his '96 Accord today. The ride is freaking fantastic. Its stiff, but sooooooo smooth. I'd definitely recommend them.

And if you get Teins, go for the SS over Basics. They ride much better, and are worth the extra money.

Jon247

Is there anything else i need to know after i install them and drop it?
Like any tips and stuff?

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
The springs will settle over the course of a week or so, so don't slam it right away.

For the Koni's, once you get your ride height set, you can start messing with the rebound adjustability. Koni's don't have "clicks" like other shocks, so I'd suggest keeping track of the adjustment by 1/4 turns. Its 2 full turns from full soft to full stiff, so you'd have 8 different adjustability settings that way.

Jon247

The springs will settle over the course of a week or so, so don't slam it right away.

For the Koni's, once you get your ride height set, you can start messing with the rebound adjustability. Koni's don't have "clicks" like other shocks, so I'd suggest keeping track of the adjustment by 1/4 turns. Its 2 full turns from full soft to full stiff, so you'd have 8 different adjustability settings that way.
The first part i get which i shouldn't have a problem with because I'm only gonna drop it and leave around a one finger gap or so.

Would you mind going into more detail, I'm still learning as i go with stuff like this haha