Thank jhon i got CTR Headlights

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
so iv been wanting some ctr lights but found out there 300 or around there Never mind password JDM are $1049.99

im a high school student and i dont have mony so im DIYing it

got some glue thanks to jhon and some spry paint :D

will post picc when done(:

* updated

Painted

if anyone it wondering whats that honda part its a neo-wedge bulb the one i told you about child i got that s*** :D
and the other are bumper plugs(:

update glue in next step oven

Last edited:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If they are only 300 they aren't real ctr headlights (just as a heads up). Good luck on the diy. I think the hardest part is making a good seal with the plastic housing and the case.

emerican

Registered VIP
good luck with it man i hope they turn out good. tuned in for pics when they are finished.

CO671

Registered VIP
Damn, i've been wanting to do that lately. post a pic of the finished product and how the housing sticks! What're the OEM goody bags for, and what kind of spray paint is that? I'm hoping to do the same (high school student here)

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If they cost $300 I would pick them up ASAP!!

I sold my set for $400, but I feel like I couldve gotten more out of the deal.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
soory for not posting(:

well i think they came out a lil to dark? but anyways does anyone know how to polish up headlights good?

*looking for a oem civic grill 96-98 doesnt matter color my car is geting paimted this summer(:

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wetsand it. did you buff the housing too to give it a little more shine?

TheEJ8

Nice work man! I use polishing compound on my head lights and a buffer and it works very nicely for me.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice work man! I use polishing compound on my head lights and a buffer and it works very nicely for me.
^ This.

I can use meguiars ultimate compound and a rag with some elbow grease and it works wonders!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good. Is that glue on the bottom of your oven now?

emerican

Registered VIP
I just used the differnt grits of sandpaper that would come in the headlight restore kit some polish a rag and elbow grease.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why do foreign/international people spell my name "jhon" -.-. I see it all the time when I game.

Annyyyways.... Glad to see you got the butyl rubber I told you about. It can make a mess when it's soft so keep that in mind. Also you can use a thinner bead. If you put too much, 1. It makes a bigger mess when you open them in the future and 2. You start to see some of it around the edges through the front cover.

Buffing headlights only lasts so long though. Usually you end up doing it at least a couple times a year. Once the "protective" coating on the plastic is gone, you can only do so much. Wax and other compounds only hold up for so long. I buffed my passenger headlight several months ago and I can already tell its coming back very slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
^ This.

I can use meguiars ultimate compound and a rag with some elbow grease and it works wonders!
yea i used that with a rotor buffer(:

** thanks

Looks good. Is that glue on the bottom of your oven now?
Nope not at all but i think i put to much :D

Why do foreign/international people spell my name "jhon" -.-. I see it all the time when I game.

Annyyyways.... Glad to see you got the butyl rubber I told you about. It can make a mess when it's soft so keep that in mind. Also you can use a thinner bead. If you put too much, 1. It makes a bigger mess when you open them in the future and 2. You start to see some of it around the edges through the front cover.

Buffing headlights only lasts so long though. Usually you end up doing it at least a couple times a year. Once the "protective" coating on the plastic is gone, you can only do so much. Wax and other compounds only hold up for so long. I buffed my passenger headlight several months ago and I can already tell its coming back very slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AHHH ok JOHN but im not international :O

i live in California mabee because i just sounded it out :D

well Im going wash my car this weekend hope no water gets in >.<

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sand-compound then wax. The problem will come back, but as long as you wax frequently you should be okay.

ChaddiBJ8

5+ Year Member
well i think they came out a lil to dark? but anyways does anyone know how to polish up headlights good?
What I did was wet sand starting with 600 through to 2000 grit then used cleaner polish. came out pretty good. After that, every week i would use plastix on them. They're holding up pretty well.

went from this:

to this (after wetsanding and meguir's cleaner polish):

to this (after meguir's plastix):