The "Damn I'm out of shape" thread

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
So yeah, I think we need a new one of these. I know almost none of us on this site work out, most of are busy in school full time, work full time, or both. It still does not hurt to have goals or to be conscious about your health. Sooo the way the thread should go should be your current stats (if you wish, very optional) goals, plan of attack and then of course our updates. In the end it is about motivation and reaching personal goals, just like our car builds.

Me:
Ht- 6'3
Wt-258lbs

Goal
Ht-6'3
Wt-210 to 215lbs

Plan- Having a horrid diet, first thing to do would be to cut out all the garbage. No fast food, no energy drinks etc. Then the usual dieting. Have not put together a workout plan, difficult being a full time student and my work schedule makes it difficult to do every other day workouts, but I will put together something.

ShowtimeCivic

Good thread idea.
I'm believe I'm around 5'10" and weigh probably 210

Goal is to be 175-180

Mainly gonna fix my diet and start jogging the neighborhood

Tapatalk'n from my Desire HD

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Height: 5'11
Weight: 175lbs

Currently: Eat absolute garbage (fast food ALL THE TIME, soda, energy drinks etc.), don't do anything active (very often), a bit lazy, don't prioritize my time very well.

Goals
Weight: 150-155lbs, toned with muscle.

I did mixed martial arts for 8 years, competed nationally in Kumite, and was an AKKF Grand National Champion for 3 years. I used to be in shape, so I have no excuse.
Plan of action: Change my diet, start cooking and eating better, cut out soda, energy drinks, and fast food, work out at least 3 times a week for 2 hours a time, start biking/running again, dedicate a weekend every few months to go to the mountains and do some altitude training (running/biking, not necessary, but helps a lot).

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5' 10"

between 200-210 depending on the day

I'd like to be about 175-80

I just need to cut out soda and energy drinks. I've already cut out sugar and I've been eating at home more often and actively trying to be better about portion control

I also need to work out....thinking of joining the "Running for Brews" club here in Tampa. You meet at a bar, run, then have a beer at the end.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5' 10"

between 200-210 depending on the day

I'd like to be about 175-80

I just need to cut out soda and energy drinks. I've already cut out sugar and I've been eating at home more often and actively trying to be better about portion control

I also need to work out....thinking of joining the "Running for Brews" club here in Tampa. You meet at a bar, run, then have a beer at the end.
We do something like that with biking here in Southern California. It's called Tour De Beer. It's in Orange County, starts in Huntington, and runs along PCH through a few towns. You stop at a string of bars all along PCH, and have a drink at each one. It's a lot of fun.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
So failed today, bought a sugar free Monster. Did join bodybuilder.com so find/plan a routine. Since I work swing shifts (3-2-2-3) and have class every day it is hard to plan a split workout. I did however just have oatmeal and coffee with little sugar this morning.

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So failed today, bought a sugar free Monster. Did join bodybuilder.com so find/plan a routine. Since I work swing shifts (3-2-2-3) and have class every day it is hard to plan a split workout. I did however just have oatmeal and coffee with little sugar this morning.
that better than, my workout consisted of stalking facebook pics of a hot female friend that does crossfit

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Im sure the rise in blood pressure and body temp from looking at her burned more calories than I did.

5 hours of sleep, just having coffee before work, Ill eat at work.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
I should probably quit smoking. Meh... Lol I smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish. I exercise though. Does that count?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I guess this will be the non VIP version of this thread. :lol: We have a thread just like this in the VIP lounge, and it's been a huge success.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I guess this will be the non VIP version of this thread. :lol: We have a thread just like this in the VIP lounge, and it's been a huge success.
Was thinking the same thing. lol.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll stick to the one in VIP. ;)

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
It can stay here, Im not waiting a few more months to get BACK into the VIP section.

Still havent found a good workout yet, but for sure need to cut down on fat calories. Rough calculations put my body fat at low 30%. I have lost a few pounds from my schedule since Im only eating twice a day, which in the long run is terrible for me.