The fastest engine for 5th Gen????

EGjames

d15b7
5+ Year Member
What is the best engine compilation for the 5th gen civics for speed?
i.e.=
Head:
Block:
Tranny:​

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wtf?

just get a k series

or a corvette engine =)

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K-SERIES deffinatly
next opinion would be an h23 block, with an h22a head and h series tranny.
last would be a b18b with type r head, with an ls tranny

both h and b franks would deff. love boost

or do what i do in forza..... my 5 gen civic hatch is awd and has a 1000 hp ferrari enzo motor in it....lol

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how the f**k did you get a AWD enzo civic

all i can do is f22c swap RWD

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
H franks are garbage, they destroy the bottom end eventually b/c of no oil squirters and the h23 blocks have the worst bottom ends next to d15's.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20 with jdm itr tranny, then b18c type r with type r tranny, then h22a with h2b adapter plate with type r tranny. thats for the best all motor setups.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
k20 FTW, but it all depends on how much money you are looking to spend.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
k20 with jdm itr tranny, then b18c type r with type r tranny, then h22a with h2b adapter plate with type r tranny. thats for the best all motor setups.
i agree, except not in that order. H2B would probably be faster then a type r swap....

also, you forgot to mention a Boeing 787 Dreamliner engine.....

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree, except not in that order. H2B would probably be faster then a type r swap....

also, you forgot to mention a Boeing 787 Dreamliner engine.....
damn it! i forgot the boeing engine again, i dont see how i forget that so much, but as for the h2b being faster than the type r, im surprised to hear that from you, i mean it seems that the only thing the h22 has over the type r is torque, with the type r tranny i think they would be about the same.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn it! i forgot the boeing engine again, i dont see how i forget that so much, but as for the h2b being faster than the type r, im surprised to hear that from you, i mean it seems that the only thing the h22 has over the type r is torque, with the type r tranny i think they would be about the same.
no way....h2bs are running faster then a lot of k-series setups....

the h22 runs damn close to a type r when its using a shatty h-series gearing. Give the two cars the same gearing and the h22 is going to outperform.... h2b wouldn't be worth the work if it was still slower then a ITR swap in the end...