The hell with you PS3 fools...Got 360?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^The new maps do look great, and the game plays better.. I'm a fan of assignments

BUT, my first impressions of the "new" maps aren't really that great. They're "eh" to me at the moment. They may grow on me, but for now - not too impressed. They look great, but I don't feel like they play well, especially wake island. Gulf of Oman is decent.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a few factors for that. 1) its on a console, so the maps are sized down from their original bf2 size, 2) its only 24 players, and these maps were meant to played with 64, and 3) if you haven't played bf2, it will probably be hard to adjust.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Reach was a disappointment? Reach was hands down the best Halo game to come out. Amazing game.
This. The Halo series are epic, full of action and a fantastic story. And I'll also agree that Reach is the best of the series.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Yea, I can understand some of those reasons... but the size thing doesn't compute.

These maps are TINY compared to the other xbox map sizes. Think of operation firestorm, or caspian border. These maps are HUGE compared to any of the new maps.

I also have a problem with how linear wake island is. There's almost no variation in the paths you can take to get to the m-com stations. You can go on the left coast, the right coast, or (stupidly) straight down the middle. Even then, these "three options" are barely distinguished from each other. There's not enough cover to really choose a different path. You end up having to go pretty much the same direction every time. Whoever has the best reaction time wrecks the opposite team, and teamwork / strategy is out the window. This is my experience so far, anyway. Like I said, my first impressions on the maps aren't so great. I may just need time to adjust.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Play both conquest and rush, and see how it is. Also, I think they come with their own game modes from battlefield 2, so you may have to play those to get the feel.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^They come with Conquest: Assault, which I have not yet tried. Everyone is bitching about it on the forums.. so I've been hesitant, but I guess I should give it a shot. I don't believe you can play regular conquest on those maps.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Reach wasn't a complete disappointment but going from halo 3 multiplayer to reach was weird. I loved the ranking system in halo 3. As for cod I agree they are pretty boring now. Mw3 got boring at 2nd prestige and I'm at 4 now. Thinking if I should let my buddy borrow it for his bf3 or not. It's just none of my online friends plays bf

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok, I played the new maps on Conquest Assault. My mind is changed. I had a lot of fun playing the maps on assault. You were right, they weren't built for rush, but they're fun on conquest... and they're definitely large enough now.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
See. The maps weren't designed for rush because rush was never even thought of back in 2005 when battlefield 2 came out.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're absolutely right. Loving these on conquest. They play really well.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Karkand is by far my favorite still, although I've only played each map once.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like Gulf of Oman.. Excellent sniping map and lots of vehicles.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just went 14-5 on sharqi peninsula. Definitely pleased with that remake.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Buying a xbox today officially will be my 7th one. Feels good coming back to the darkside! Cant wait to buy forza but im getting a good deal on this system cant pass her up

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
slim? I didn't know there was an xbox slim.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
The xbox 360 slim. ive been playin ps3 xbox terminalogy is fading lol. But I cant wait for some forza!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk