The hell with you PS3 fools...Got 360?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
werent too bad here, took like 20 mins to get through the line. woulda been sooner but i was walking around with my friends lol. i played all night pretty much, short waffle house run with my friend and it was back to gaming haha.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah someoone on here got banned till 12-31-9999

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats retarded how they say if you even mod it to look cooler they will ban you. um... yea that's kind of a see you in court kind of deal there. Thats like buying a pc and the manufacture tells you that you can't upgrade it or you'll be banned from the internet.

They own the market so they figure they can do whatever they want.. that's retarded.

Although they'll never know my system is modded to make it look cooler, so I'm not worried.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats retarded how they say if you even mod it to look cooler they will ban you. um... yea that's kind of a see you in court kind of deal there. Thats like buying a pc and the manufacture tells you that you can't upgrade it or you'll be banned from the internet.

They own the market so they figure they can do whatever they want.. that's retarded.

Although they'll never know my system is modded to make it look cooler, so I'm not worried.
:ban:

Jk.

So I got an email this morning regarding the new update coming for XBL on the 17th. I dislike twitter, but last.fm on my xbox is going to kick so much ass it's ridiculous. Anyone else see that?

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Why do you think the new project Natal requires you to take a pic of your xbox while setting it up?

:bluelol:

j/k

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

from what i hear, even if you like add fans and crap they will ban you, and they have kind of voltage test or some s**t. so if you liquid cool it or change case they can find out, but i dunno..could be false.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is no way they can test voltage, because normally voltage doesn't stay at one amount, especially with an electronic like this.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
microsoft has done this numerous times since the original xbox came out.

They got around it with the first xbox by making a switch that disabled all modified features until after you'd already connected to XBL. Since they could only detect the mod during sign-in, this solved the problem.

of course, modding a 360 is not nearly as popular as modding the original, so demand for such a product hasnt been sufficient to produce it.

expect this wave of bannings to taint to the used xbox 360 market for at least a few months
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11/13/2741816.htm?section=entertainment

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well... the bannings happened due to the fact that modern warfare was about to come out. Microsoft saw this as a sneaky way to sell more consoles, and thats what they did.

With the original xbox it was actually a mod chip, the 360 you just change the disc drives firmware. There is no way you could put a switch on that.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well... the bannings happened due to the fact that modern warfare was about to come out. Microsoft saw this as a sneaky way to sell more consoles, and thats what they did.
they did the same thing for halo 3.
I think this is the 3rd round of bannings on the 360

With the original xbox it was actually a mod chip, the 360 you just change the disc drives firmware. There is no way you could put a switch on that.
Currently there is no way to add a switch to the method that is currently used to mod 360's.... but with enough demand, anything is possible.

I dont know anyone who had a non-modded original xbox. Everyone and their uncle had a modded xbox. I still have 2.
Now, I dont know anyone personally who owns a modded 360.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no... its really not possible with this method. You're changing the firmware of the disc drive.... what are you gonna do turn that off and the drive won't work? The only way now would be a mod chip.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k i had a hard time with regular. f**k veteran!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You're changing the firmware of the disc drive.... what are you gonna do turn that off and the drive won't work?
why not?
My disc drive only spools up for a second to check for the disc, the rest of the time it's off

a mod chip would be one option. You could have a switchable mod chip that switches from the OEM firmware to the modded firmware after startup.

like I said, with enough demand, someone will find a way.