The *OFFICIAL* 6th Generation Intake Thread

jonyg98civicex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does anyone have directions on cleaning the AEM dry-flow filter,...... is it bad that I havent cleaned mine in 2 years, lol?

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
autozone intake and filter on a b18c1
pros: sounds beastly in vtec
cons: autozone filters suck

Mishimoto Intake on a d16y8
pros: actually noticed an increase in power, different from most intakes
cons: can see through the filter lol, and it cost me 375 bucks
bought from: www.mishimoto.com

Zero1000 Ebay knock off on a d16y8
pros: very deep sound and more high end power, only 60 bucks
cons: NONE

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mishimoto Intake on a d16y8
pros: actually noticed an increase in power, different from most intakes
Nowai!! Did you actually feel the 2whp? That's amazing. Your butt dyno must be incredible.

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ lol

how can someone honestly say they felt a difference in power with an intake ... ? I have never noticed any difference other than the sound it makes ...

xLascox

5+ Year Member
nigga im always on hurr, i just dont post, but i think that people should know that the whale penis is legit, haha

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a whale penis intake too. top fuel. i read on a forum that you actually lose power with this type of intake. honda club philippines forum.90% of the guys on there said so. is this true? anybody got dyno readings on it?

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When I googled up top fuel intake for civic, all I found at first glance were somewhat different from the whale dong ones in that they had a fairly sharp bend in the middle. I could see that being problematic for flow. Do you have a pic of yours, mark?

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dunno about that.it looks pretty much the same to me.altho ive only seen the password jdm one in pics. these intakes sound great though! but hey, i dont wanna be losin power just to sound "cool"..thats dumb. so does anybody have info on this intake?

xLascox

5+ Year Member
password, claims that the power chamber on a vehicle with full exhaust will increase hp, they got dyno sheets and whatnot on the site, but i call bs

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im going to try to sticky this thread, seeing as how we have "which intake??" threads poping up almost daily

*EDIT*
thread is now stuck. anymore intake threads will be closed and redirected to this thread :thumbs up

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im going to try to sticky this thread, seeing as how we have "which intake??" threads poping up almost daily

*EDIT*
thread is now stuck. anymore intake threads will be closed and redirected to this thread :thumbs up
Thanks man, glad I did something to help the community.

:thumbs up

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Can someone post a picture of their turbo set up? I believe that counts as "intake".