The Very Slow Journey From Junk to Funk

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So me and Cuzzo were peruzuing the junk yard, going after a y7 in a Midor Green hatch (poor thing is rotted to hell...RIP). We came across a DA Integra, with everything but a head on the motor. So, we pulled everything but the cable tranny. It's a B18a1 with about 180k on it. The hood got left open, so it filled with water...I'll let the pics explain.

The cylinder walls were quite rusty, but after honing them out real good, the rust is gone. They're smooth, not pitted or anything. A little dis-colored from the rust, but smooth. DIdnt take pics of that yet. More to come, though. Not quite sure where we're going with this block yet...options are either LS/Vtec with GSR internals, or straight LS with boost. Leaning more towards LS/Vtec. Thoughts?

The crank is pretty shot, along with the pistons, but my uncle insists to just "re-ring it, new bearings, polish the crank, and run 'er." Those are his direct words, but then again, he's a Chevy guy (literally has like 4 cars and about 10 different motors kicking around the garage...).

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool to see you're gonna bring it back to life! Oil pan looked nasty as f**k. lol

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Makes me sad that people would throw away a DA like that. I freaking love DAs.

Tuned in for this and for pictures of the car!!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool to see you're gonna bring it back to life! Oil pan looked nasty as f***. lol
Water, meet oil. Oil, meet water. You two can sit for awhile and get aquianted. lol

Makes me sad that people would throw away a DA like that. I freaking love DAs.

Tuned in for this and for pictures of the car!!
The kid brought the car to the junk yard because he tore it apart, and couldnt figure out how to put it all back together. So, for a cheap price, I now have a B18a1 block. As for what car it's going in, I dont know yet...might pick up a EG or EK shell and drop it in once finished.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:oops:
I thought you picked up the chassis too. Got me all excited and shiit.

Cuzzo

:oops:
I thought you picked up the chassis too. Got me all excited and shiit.
After some discussion Szady and I might in the end pick up the chassis, but it also may be converted into a race car. Theres still a lot of discussion and throwing back and forth to be done on that. And little did Szady forget to mention that the rockers all the internals and the valve cover were left but no head what so ever

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can't wait till you pick up a shell...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After some discussion Szady and I might in the end pick up the chassis, but it also may be converted into a race car. Theres still a lot of discussion and throwing back and forth to be done on that. And little did Szady forget to mention that the rockers all the internals and the valve cover were left but no head what so ever
True. Rockers and cam caps are useless without the original head. Well, the cam caps are at least...lol
Civic race car will be cheaper to build and fix if blown up on the track than the Integra car...engine has to be stock, remember?

I say turbo ls...
Why so?

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats awesome. makes me want to go search the junkyards here now lol.
that things a mess but good luck cleaning her up!

Cuzzo

thats awesome. makes me want to go search the junkyards here now lol.
that things a mess but good luck cleaning her up!
Good luck with that, we searched another and found some other Bseries motors as well, but the good thing about it is that the looks were way worse than what it is lol.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say LS/Vtec + turbo.... best of both worlds?

GSR internals, b16 head, a budget boost build and a nice tune and it will be fun as hell to drive. I'm a 5th gen guy but for this build, I'd say 4th gen chassis with all forward interior for fun.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
X2 on boosted LS. Or all motor LS-V if you have the funds ;) Mmmmmm.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, my original plans were the LS block, GSR pistons, with a B16 head and LS trans (bc its cheaper lol). Im not looking to make TONS of power, just something fun to drive....

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, my original plans were the LS block, GSR pistons, with a B16 head and LS trans (bc its cheaper lol). Im not looking to make TONS of power, just something fun to drive....
You're going to lose a lot of fun with that LS tranny. Just sayin.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're going to lose a lot of fun with that LS tranny. Just sayin.
GSR/B16 transmissions are expensive as hell. LS tranmissions are way cheaper. Just sayin. :lol: