The WORD "BUMP"

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Please... someone explain. I have been in club civic for at least 2 years now, and have always seen people say something, then post again and say 'bump'. Never understood why. Can someone explain??? PLEASE! Thanks

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It is done to put your thread back to the top of the page. Just forum slang.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u click the new posts button like u should everytime u come on the site, then u would know that the posts are from newest to oldest.

when u bump a thread it puts it on the top of the list and people are more likely to click on ur thread if its one that they see first off when they enter the site..

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
means you bump it up back up so people may see your thread again. sponsors always use this technique so consumers could read the thread again. You might read it and it says "on sale now" but then you read the date it was posted and it was months ago.

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Please... someone explain. I have been in club civic for at least 2 years now, and have always seen people say something, then post again and say 'bump'. Never understood why. Can someone explain??? PLEASE! Thanks

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

bump = bring up my post