Thinking about doing an H22A OBD1 swap in my 05.

LoveMy05Civic

I've been saving up some money to do some motor work on my 05 civic and first thought about doing a turbo to my D17, but an H22 would give me more or equal power for a cheaper price, btw this is a complete swap including the transmission.
My only question was if it would fit in my 05 civic, without any major problems or modifications.
Any thoughts on this?

LoveMy05Civic

I do know that I will need custom mounts, but that's not a problem for me I have the cash to do it.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only problem with doing an h22 in your 05 is your states smog/emission laws. Most states the swap has to be from a car of the same year or newer

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with civic fan, not sure how well the h22 will go with your civic but hell with all the aftermarket parts including mounts up there it shouldn't be too hard. I know with the older civic's its a really tight fit but idk about yours. Despite this the k is a much better idea because of power and emissions legality, maybe not so much with price.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
K swaps can be done for more like 6k in egs now if you shop around, cheaper for newer cars because they dont need all the fab s**t we do.

LoveMy05Civic

only problem with doing an h22 in your 05 is your states smog/emission laws. Most states the swap has to be from a car of the same year or newer
Well luckily in my area we dont have to take our cars to have them tested for emissions, they stopped it about 5 years ago, i guess it was too expensive for the county budget.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I'd say ave up and go K unless you plan to completely rebuild the H and be ready to have some stuff customized but its completely up to you. Just type in "h22 into em2" in google or something and see what come up, maybe it'll be easier then it seems

LoveMy05Civic

Well I'd say ave up and go K unless you plan to completely rebuild the H and be ready to have some stuff customized but its completely up to you. Just type in "h22 into em2" in google or something and see what come up, maybe it'll be easier then it seems
Ill do that, this car will be my daily driver so a K might be better for that and eventually i will do a turbo, but for now im just doing a swap.
I could probably find a K motor from the 8th gen Si, in a junkyard or out of a wrecked one.