Thinnkin about purchasing my firsts honda ????????

mfcordova2008

OK well here is the deal, i been with Pontiac for years. but im tired of the mpg on my cars and i want something that is going to be reliable.i

i found this 05 4d civic dark blue automatic with 135,000 miles on it. for $5900

ill give a list of things it has

well everything is really stock.
manual windows, locks, mirrors,
automatic
factory stereo
stock wheels good tires
1.7l 4 cylinder
a/c worked good just need to be recharge
interior is good no tares in the seats

things that you can say that need to be fixed or looked at.
on the top of the roof 6 inches above the windshield there is a dent but looks like it can be popped out
some oxidation on the 2 corners of the trunk near the tail lights
a 3 inch width of a wood pencil #2 paint is missing under the rear door window
needs a alignment pulls to the right

my brother took the car out for a test drive by are selves, and he gave it gas and shifts really good. shocks are good rides nice... he said if i didnt buy it he would....

what trim level of a civic has manual lock and manual windows. dx or value????
what do you guys think about price range 5900?
my brother is thinking about 5000 or trade my 07 zx-6r

any advice would be nice? im planning on going back monday to look at the car again.. so more responds the better....

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
I'd offer him $4500, and thats being nice, and i believe that's a dx. If you get its VIN number you could make sure.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
could be a lx, id pass on it, 7th gens are not fun, the motors are garbage, and the auto trannys in have a alot of problems. find you a 6th gen 96-00 or a 5th gen 92-95, you will thank me later

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going from a Pontiac to a Honda will feel like going from a Pontiac... to, well.. a Honda. You're going to love it!

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Going from a Pontiac to a Honda will feel like going from a Pontiac... to, well.. a Honda. You're going to love it!
I second this, I came from A grand piece of s**t and I love my 6th Gen.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Triple

mfcordova2008

well idk cause i have looked around and online and local dealership. for a 8th generation Honda civic im looking between 12,000 to 19,000 dollars. and alot of them have over 135000 miles on it:shock:

im really considering on just getting it tomorrow.. but my brother says that im going to need to change out the
TIMING BELT
WATER PUMP
PLUGS ( CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT GOOD PLUGS WOULD BE)
COOLANT
OIL TO SYNTHETIC (MOBILE 1)
AIR FILTER (K&N)

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Craigslist or local for sale boards is key. Don't give one red cent to a stealership! Though if you don't have the cash in the bank, I guess you're out of luck. Cash is king!

mfcordova2008

cash is not the problem here. or credit. i just never owned a Honda before.. i always owned Pontiac or Kawasaki.

i just don't want to, buy something that i don't know if im going to love... :shock:
im just going to use it to drive to work.. since work is about 150 miles round trip. :twisted:
better then getting 22 mpg highway on a Bonneville SSE i. :twisted:
i just want to get a decent Honda and if everything works out. im going to go buy me a new Honda civic with in the next year or less=)

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
im really considering on just getting it tomorrow.. but my brother says that im going to need to change out the
TIMING BELT
WATER PUMP
PLUGS ( CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT GOOD PLUGS WOULD BE)
COOLANT
OIL TO SYNTHETIC (MOBILE 1)
AIR FILTER (K&N)
For the belt and pump, please go with oem honda. As for the plugs, if you're gonna do maintenance on that, mine as well do the wires, dizzy cap and rotor. For the plug and wires ONLY go with ngk, and for the dizzy rotor and cap go with oem honda. Good choice on the oil and air filter though.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
7th gens don't use caps and wires they use coil packs. the motor is definitely not junk its a honda it will run forever if maintained properly people say its junk only because its slow but all civics are slow the engine was designed for mpg and that is what your looking for economy. if the timing belt was never changed then yes that all needs to be done ASAP. the aouto trans on the 01 models were terrible yes the 04-05 are not that bad but far from perfect. my 04 has 150,000 on the original trans and going. the price does seem very high especially if it needs the belt and pump along with the cosmetic problems.plugs you can use either NGK or DENSO.i wouldn't use a cotton gauze K&N filter because of the need to oil it i would use either AEM or K&Ns new synthetic hybrid filter which is a AEM with a red colored filter.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It sounds like a decent car but the price is too high, offer lower or keep looking. There is no shortage of Civics around so it shouldn't be hard to find a better deal if you're patient.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cough7thgenssuckcough

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I actually liked the 7th gen I had, put over 50k miles on it and never had any problems. Would still be driving it today if it wasnt totaled lol

mfcordova2008

that's just your personal opinion and has no real value to this thread. have you even owned a 7th gen or are you just talking out of your ass ???

Good come back... Every one has there own opinions about everything...
I'm just waiting tell noon to go see what they can say. Going to trade my ZX_6R in so already cleaned it up real nice.went for one last ride on it before going to the dealership.. So if I get the Honda, I will be posting pics of it...but before anything I will ask for a car fax

mfcordova2008

Craigslist or local for sale boards is key. Don't give one red cent to a stealership! Though if you don't have the cash in the bank, I guess you're out of luck. Cash is king!
I have already tried going threw local there ridiculous on prices.one hut wanted 1650 for a97 Honda civic lx with 198000 balls tires, hood dented bad, roof was all dented with hall, stained inside of car, AC didn't work, oh and oil stains all over the motor and on hood.. He claims that he wants what he is asking cause he put on a simple 80 part.the car www only worth 800. When I offered him that he was like no this car is good IRS hard to find I was like yea you're aidiot.

Then found a 97accord , was told it only had 160000 original mileage and was in excellent condition except the driver window switch..it was painted with wheels euro lights for 2900. Holy sit what a piece of junk..
List of things not working
Mirrors
Trip meter and odometer
Mph
Steering wheel adjustment
Stained bad
Stereo didn't work
AC sucked

The custom paint job was literally cracking brittle
The yonly good thing was the seat comfort, engine and tranny.