Thinnkin about purchasing my firsts honda ????????

mfcordova2008

Well sad news.went in there and the owner of the dealer son took the car out over the weekend and blew the motor in it... So I guess the search is still going on i'm so sad

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow what a little prick he must have beat the s*** out of it either that or the timing belt that was suppose to be replaced a long time ago snapped. but i believe you can find a better deal elsewhere. and definitely don't buy a car from that dealer knowing what the son does to the cars.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
wow what a little prick he must have beat the s*** out of it either that or the timing belt that was suppose to be replaced a long time ago snapped. but i believe you can find a better deal elsewhere. and definitely don't buy a car from that dealer knowing what the son does to the cars.
Well put.

OP 7th gens are fine mechanically, most people just hate on them because they're ugly (cuz they are lol). If taken care of they last as long as any other honda.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that's just your personal opinion and has no real value to this thread. have you even owned a 7th gen or are you just talking out of your ass ???
So only your opinions have value to this thread? I'm sorry I missed that memo, and and yes I have owned a 7th gen would you like pics? And it was not a fun car.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes only your opinion especially when your opinion is the car sucks and isn't fun to drive and is ugly those are just trivial. i believe op is looking for an economy car not a porsche which for some reason you believe older civics are.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So only your opinions have value to this thread? I'm sorry I missed that memo, and and yes I have owned a 7th gen would you like pics? And it was not a fun car.
I'd like to see pics.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Triple

mfcordova2008

yes only your opinion especially when your opinion is the car sucks and isn't fun to drive and is ugly those are just trivial. i believe op is looking for an economy car not a porsche which for some reason you believe older civics are.
yes very true:P i would use this to save gas since gas here is 3.07 for reg
my bonneville uses prem and thats 3.27:cry: but it is comfortable and sporty but eats gas like i eat chicken wings. lol and i can eat chicken wings :twisted: HOOTERS HATES WHEN I WALK THREW THE DOOR...
BUT NOT SO BAD kept the 6r gonna use that for now
but i sure did need a drink. went to buffalo wild wings and drank for 4 hours :shock::alcoholic:Blur:

well maybe sooner ill find a car thats worth the wait just got to just wait and stick to what i have for now

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
I have owned a 96 EX Coupe MT and I now own a 02 LX Coupe MT. I bought this car because I loved the 96 so much I had to have another one. The 02 gets 1 mpg lower on the highway, but it has a 1.7 liter instead of a 1.6. That and the fact that the 02 has synthetic oil versus conventional, gives it slightly more power. The only thing I missed about my 96 is it had a sunroof and an aftermarket keyless start. But that car had a lot of problems. I have loved getting better MPG than all my friends while still having a reliable car. I only recently realized that if you want to make your civic super fast on the 7th gen you need to either have an si or get a k-series engine which is the engine in the si. Now I kinda miss my 96 even though it had many problems.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
^^Synthetic oil keeps power consistent by reducing strain on moving parts, it doesn't add power.

OP if you want a lower mileage, reliable car just go with a 7th gen. I think from reading all these posts thats pretty much what everyone is saying. That along with everyone's cosmetic preferences ;)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
7th gen Civic is nice car man. Im going to get one. I've been researching them and reading reviews. From what i've researchd so far - VP trim, Value Pack, is the one without power windows, locks, mirrors, no cruise control, and no tachometer. The whole gauge cluster is different on that trim.

Someone said it could be an LX, idk.. could be, because Honda offers options and accessories. But from all the sales adds i've seen LX have power everything. The other day i saw for sale, a M/T 2005 EX with ALL the Honda options, it was sicks. lol Fog lights and all.

As for the transmission being a "bad" one. First time hearing about this. The reviews i read, nothing about the transmission was mentioned. Reading Lowlifes just said he has never had problems with his transmission. Good thing someone had to comment on that though, going to research what other 7th Gen owerns have to say about that, specially those who have A/T

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes the 01-02 civics had major automatic transmission problems most didn't last 50,000 miles the 04-05 trans were tweaked and are more reliable but not perfect.Honda/Acura never made a good automatic transmission.