throttle issues

orioncivic

5+ Year Member
ok so i have a poormans type r and i just had a issue with the f/p reg. diaphram tearing and it sucked fuel into the intake manifold. i fixed all that, purged the cylinders of the fuel, drained the oil and replaced the filter. the spark plugs for the 2 flooded cylinders were still fireable so i reused them for now. ive got a hunch it is the o2 sensor cuz when the car is cold, it drives fine, as it warms up it starts to have a dead spot on the throttle, meaning i hit the gas and at a certain point it will start to not respond to the pedal then either id push far enough or hold it long enough that it would like catch up to itself and rev up and get moving again. it will do it in any gear when warmed up but in the begining it will start in 2nd and on up. there is a strange idle speed drop, it will idle fine around 1100( 70 mm throttle and 12:1 comp.) then it will drop to 800 for a few sec then it will fade off to almost 500 then it will rise back to 1100 for a min or so then do it again. this prob im almost sure is the iac. but the throttle issue im a little stumped on. oh i backprobed the o2 sensor and got a sweeping .1 to .9 volt from the sensor at closed loop mode soooo this kinda tells me the o2 is fine from the numbers in my book but i guess it still could be the problem. PLS HELP I NEED MY RIDE BACK ITS GETTING NICE AROUND HERE!!!

orioncivic

5+ Year Member
wow its funny how people read stuff but have no opinoin on anything..... well no thx to anyone that read my post, for those that read this in the future, i burned all the gas residue off the o2 sensor by letting it idle for an hr or so then ripping it out and around the neihborhood. once the sensor cleaned up my air/fuel corrected itself and it runs fine now.

MagicOPromotion

5+ Year Member
Ive been looking on the forum for information as to why my micra 1996 1ltr seems to run a bit flat and hunts badly at 75mph but will eventually go to 85.
Apparently the throttle body is to blaim. What is the issue with it and if its a common problem do I have to buy a new one or can it be fixed in the shed?