Throttle Position Sensor help

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, i have a sirII jdm b16a in my 1995 civic lx sedan.....From the day i stuck it in ive been getting a CEL that reads code 7, or TPS....now i got out my book, and check CEL, becuase i knew that sensor usually gets broke during shipping...Well the lead voltage reads 5 volts....which its supposed to....then the signal voltage, reads .5 at throttle closed, and gradually increases to 4.5 fully open, once again that is what its supposed to read...so i know its not bad....but still getting a CEL, it also says any disturbance in teh TPS circuit will throw that code....well what exactly is all in this circuit, and what else should i checkthat would affect my TPS.....

freddy_hung

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the TPS sensor input voltage (the TPS voltage reading that you measure near the TPS have to be coming into the ECU) terminal D11 (between D11 and gound).... you have to measure the same variable voltage value ... if not... there is an open circuit or a short in the wire that goes from the TPS to the ECU..

civicracer14

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how do u adjust ur tps.. in detail lol i am a slow learner.. my ef gives me code 7.. and i replaced the tps and idk how to adjust it....

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
civicracer14 said:
how do u adjust ur tps.. in detail lol i am a slow learner.. my ef gives me code 7.. and i replaced the tps and idk how to adjust it....
honda motor co. theory is your not supposed to, that's why they are revitted on, more than likely be best to repalce thewhole throttle body, since you can't just replace the tps sensor, only if its's the tps though, if it's a short you'll find it after testing .

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
all the JDM swaps ive seen have the tps sensor on with screws. the american motors have them rivitted in. thats strange to me. i have a question, i was running a code 9, and 14. i started the car, and unplugged the IACV and the TPS sensor plugs to see if my idle would improve at all. it did for a second, then went back to the way its been. (kinda a fast fluctuation). anyway...now i have codes 7,8,9, and 14. it added 7, and 8. i plugged them back in and they still wont go away.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dremel and a flat head screw driver will take the rivets off.