Timing belt to timing chain?

Shavarrian

Proudly Honda
Can i do a conversion from timing belt to timing chain and if yes how is the best way to do so? (96 honda civic d15b engine) plz help thanks

Shavarrian

Proudly Honda
because the chain is much stronger and don't normally break. another question if my timing belt should break will my engine still damage if i don't try to start it back when it shot down? (96 civic ferio d15b engine)

DuckIt

It all depends how lucky you are when it breaks.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

RonJ

Banned
As a rough estimate, it seems that engine damage happens about 50% of the time when the timing belt snaps.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As long as u have the covers on, and check it when you do maintenance you should have no problems. Not very common that they just randomly break

monstahtron

are you overdue to change it? I recommend you just change it if its past due. Its really a lot easier than it looks, I decided to do mine since I was due for a replacement and I wasn't sure what to expect but come time I finished I realized I was stressing out more than I needed to. Just download the pdf helms manual and print out the pages you need and follow it word for word. Don't forget about the little things either like bleeding the radiator of air or applying belt conditioner to your belts.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. timing chains stretch
2. its a interference motor. You might get lucky and not bend valves.