Tips for jogging?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
also, make sure when ur done jogging. just don't stop, you need to slow down to a walk or something first.
Yeah when when I finished last night, I stretched a bit and kept walking for a few minutes to settle down. Then my ass plopped on the ground with some water and a fan and I was out like a light within 45 minutes.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats how i use to be. one time i just stopped cause it was 90+ degrees out and i felt like my heart was going to stop

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you shouldn't drink too much liquid right after a good run because it'll come back up or give you cramps in your stomach...

jpcrash

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its good that you are tired. means you are working out.

Try swimming. IMO its better cause it works more muscle groups and easier on your joints. If your point of running is for cardio, swimming and biking (stationary bike).

Running builds nice abs though (runners abs) but if you swim you'll get into shape and build more muscle imo.

My workout is dry sauna for 15 minutes to streatch . 1 push up 1 situp 2 pushups 2 situps all the way to 15 or whatever and back down to one. Then go swim 500 meters then back to the dry sauna, drink water streatch and sitips and pushups to another 500 meter swim. Do three sets of those and you'll be tired.

Enjoi

coming back to cars...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the iPod shuffle is perfect for joggers, they market the thing directly at you guys. i think you can pick up a one gig for 75 bucks.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd swim but my muscle disorder kinda gets in the way. It even gets in the way of running. I can barely walk because of it right now. I've been taking ibuprofen every 5 hours to try to ease the muscles but it does s**t.

Myotonia Congenita. Look it up if you're curious as to what it does lol. But basically my muscles relax a lot slower than of a "normal" person. And there's no cure. Just treatment. So if my muscles are sore from a strenuous activity and I get up too fast, or suddenly move, or make a fist and let go, my muscles relax REALLY slow so it's basically like a cramp you get when you swim. Swimming is even worse since it works out ALL my muscles. So I stay away from swimming.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth.

Hydrate.

Run at about 50% speed.

Long strides.

Stretch before and after.

Oorah Marine Corps.

wiggi

sold his civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^you guys have it easy then, how many miles a week do you average?.
a very late answer, but around 25-30 a week. its not too too hard yet because its so hot outside here in ohio, around 98 degrees when we run. But to give you an idea, at races i average 5:30-6 min miles

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you get cramps you should exhale on your left step. Don't ask my why this works, but a friend told me about it and it solved almost all my cramping problems.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The best jogging shoe to buy would be one that makes you feel like you have a spring in your step... so try out a few. A lot of them are different on different people.

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth.
Hydrate.

Run at about 50% speed.

Long strides.

Stretch before and after.

Oorah Marine Corps.
x2!

if you breath through your mouth the whole time you wont last as long!

Inhale through your nose and ehale out your mouth = FTW

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shoes= asics(very comfortable)