Tire reviews

firejackal

5+ Year Member
What tires are you guys running, or have, and what do you think about them? How do they do daily driving, or on the track?

Im running yokohama s.drive p195/55r15 85v. Daily driving they are not that great. They follow the grooves in the roads, especially in construction, and are terrible winter and wet weather tires.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The groove following is part of the suspension. Something about the radius rods. Why don't you try tire rack for reviews. Car & Driver just did a comparo too.

JGvtec

The names Jordan
I have bfg touring t/a 185/65/14 ride good great in winter and rain. Little noisy.

Also a set of Firestone FR710 185/60/15 these are way louder than the bfg's. As far as rain/winter i don't know yet on the Firestones.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're asking way to broad of a question. What exactly are you looking to find?

There are a ton of tires to choose from, but your use, budget, life expectancy, etc.. all play an important role.

And I have the Yokohama S.Drives and for a fun, true street tire, they are pretty good IMO. Not good for any competition/track use, but more than enough grip for street use. The tracking you are experiencing is likely not because of the tires but because something is off with your alignment. That or you are running incorrect tire pressures.

firejackal

5+ Year Member
I was just asking what everyone used and what did they like, simple as that.

I use to have kumho tires but i forget how they rode.

The only reason i have yokohama tires now is because they was very affordable, one of the cheapest ones on tirerack and bought them due to the good reviews at the time.
Even through several reviews online mention that they are not good at cornering, i think they are great for cornering. I have had them since maybe October of last year.

As a side note, last time i checked i do not have radius rods, i drive an em1. And i have had an alignment done last year.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
What tires are you guys running, or have, and what do you think about them? How do they do daily driving, or on the track?

Im running yokohama s.drive p195/55r15 85v. Daily driving they are not that great. They follow the grooves in the roads, especially in construction, and are terrible winter and wet weather tires.

I have your tires in 205-45-16 and i love them. They are great in dry weather very stick with little noise, in wet i can drive through puddles i would try to avoid and it bites down and pulls me through without hesitation. They are summer tires though hence why they would suck in the snow/winter temps.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
S. Drives suck in the winter because they're a summer tire.... You shouldn't be using them in temperatures below 50º or so (I'm speaking from personal experience. I noticed a change in handling around 45-50). I have them as well and I think they're awesome. I'm on my 2nd set. IMO, they're good in wet too and a lot of other people who have used them would agree. An overall great street tire.

But like civexspeedy, you asked a very broad question. We need details.