Tires for a turbo D

BobbyT5408

5+ Year Member
hey guys i have a 96 coupe with 15" ls webbs, i bought some cooper zeon's in febuary and there shot already :( and im putting my turbo in this weekend and im wondering what tires you guys have had the best luck with. Hit me up =)

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you looking for grip or longevity? I know the Cooper Zeons suck, they wear so fast! :(

BobbyT5408

5+ Year Member
yeah man there terrible, i think i got some cords that crapped out on me cause they make a terrible pulse noise STAY AWAY FROM COOPER!!! but i think im gonna be lookin for longevity over grip cause that got me no where with those coopers.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 23k on some Falken Ziex 912s (replacement for the Ziex 512), 195/55R15 on my Fit. They're pretty dang good. Not the best rain tire, but what really is? (Bridgestone Potenza RE960, haha) They still look new; of course the Fit is all highway tho.

BobbyT5408

5+ Year Member
yeah well im gonna be gettin on her alot i can garentee that. haha i mean i do now but like what 6 months tahts rediculas. ill look into those tho

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're doing burn outs all of the time, don't ever complain about a tire not lasting. "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Don't do that."

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
falken 912 wont grip that good. i have them on my coupe and its a b***h to get the to hook up at the track and im not even boosted

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe you should reevaluate your driving if you're going through tires that fast. I can get a full season out of one set of tires while auto-x'ing.

How much do you want to pay for tires? What size do you plan on running?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Toyo Proxes R888 Tire 205/60R13. 13X7 wheels

:rolf:

Where you're you're going to get 4X100 13X7s? Hellifino.
1G RX7s are 4X110.

BobbyT5408

5+ Year Member
no i dont do burnouts ive learned that lesson the hard way haha, idk these tires just sucked, so im tryin to get an idea of which direction to head in this time. but yeah where i live its basically like autocrossing where ever i go haha i heard good things about those toyo's thats a definit possibility

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're autocrossing with boost, you should be on rcomps. Unless you're still in a novice class, then go for the Bridgestone RE01R. Extremely good grip and decent-ish tread life. Far better than Falken Azenis and a bit better than Dunlop Direzzas.

Maybe you should just get a second set of wheels and tires for autocross? You're not going to find a long lasting, high grip tire. Long lasting = hard rubber. High grip = soft rubber.