tires on 6th get SI

nighthawk

The One
5+ Year Member
tires on 6th gen SI

if you had to pick between 195/50 R15 and 195/55 R15...what would you choice be?

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 50's...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
50's... 55 are only a few mm's difference, Almost unnoticeable to the eye. I like to go with a beefer tire to help hold up the wheels myself.

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
205/50R15 ...forget the 195/55 crap. 205s look better, are marginally wider and about the same overall diameter so your speedo won't be off. Not to mention there are more choices

whit3b0y

5+ Year Member
nighthawk said:
if you had to pick between 195/50 R15 and 195/55 R15...what would you choice be?
i dont think there is a 195/50. plus if there was but i dont think there is the car calls for a 55 why go down to a smaller tire then what the car calls for honda designed the car with allot of R&D and went with the 55 for a reason they also put a v rating for a reason aswell. why not put 14" t rated tires. would peel out alot better...some things you should do for performance over how it looks, tires being one. if you want to go with a lower profile then go with a wider track. go to a 205/50 wich will not be much less of a profile because your gaining track. i would discusss this with anyone at a local tire store and they will agree that shold stay as close to the origanal rolling rotation of a tire as you can. just my too sents

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
195/50-15s.

And of course they esist. That's what I'm riding on with my bronze meshies.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whit3b0y said:
... plus if there was but i dont think there is the car calls for a 55 why go down to a smaller tire then what the car calls for honda designed the car with allot of R&D and went with the 55 for a reason they also put a v rating for a reason aswell. why not put 14" t rated tires. would peel out alot better...some things you should do for performance over how it looks, tires being one. if you want to go with a lower profile then go with a wider track. go to a 205/50 wich will not be much less of a profile because your gaining track....
Have you ever actually shopped for 195/55R15s? not many choices and nobody stocks them in spite of it being the OE size on GS-Rs, Si's, etc.... The only thing worse is the 205/50R17 which only comes on the PT GT and Mazda3. Nobody has anything in stock but Eagle RSes which suck rhino balls.

Believe me, I looked.

There is mathematically only a 5mm difference between a 205/50R15 and 195/55R15...I couldn't see any difference in height though when held side by side (OE Michelins vs Kumhos) My speedo is fairly accurate when compared to those stupid little radar boxes on the side of the freeway.

And as far as the V-rating. Okay if you plan on extended periods of driving up to 149 mph then you really need a v-rated tire....in fact skip V and go straight to Y-rated (186mph). But seriously, your handling won't suffer noticeably with an H-rated tire. Technically V-rated is better but the tradeoff is usually a lower treadwear rating.