To all you 6th gen owners, here's a weird..bug?

Fid3

5+ Year Member
Hrm, here's a good question , just wondering if this kind of crap happened to anyone before...

Since winter started( might only be a coincidence the way i see it) my engine has had some slow delay between the moment I turn the key to ignite and the moment it started turning and tried to ignite...

The Check engine was lighted up, wasnt a big deal, only the 80A fuse to unplug and plug back in, classic 6th gen issue... but when im on ignite position with the key my batterie and oil lights remain up, which is normal as they stay up until the engine fires up, but NOTHING, and i swear NOTHING, not a single sound, comes out of the car for about 10s or even 1 minute , and as long as i hold the key im praying for it to start, so far it only refused to go on once, I went out of the car, did a bit of shopping and when i came back it started right away.

First tough it could be my air sensor being close to his death, but nay...
Could it be the starter ? But still, my engine "when" it goes off never has any trouble firing up right away..
Not a batterie issue, i've checked all my wires, and the sound system works perfectly ...

Weird, really weird...

Fid3

5+ Year Member
O ya btw, if the engine is hot or not, still happens...as long as it has been stopped for about 5 mins.

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id have to say somethign isnt connecting.

No reason for it to make no noise or anythign other than it not being told too.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ignition signal wire to the starter... my buddies 5th gen did the same thing. we had to wire a push button start, because we didnt want to rewire the whole thing.