To Buy or not to Buy.....

I would....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
dont push it in the snow my boy blew the engine in his...lol

but i feel you on wanting to change it up ive owned nothing but hondas in my driving career and now looking to upgrade to luxury

Voltio

formerly known as FAN8228
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you done withe Hondas? They've got a few Classy models.
I don't know anything about Jaguars, but they are very nice looking cars.
I suppose you have to determine whether you want a domestic or import first.
IMHO, nothing about a Honda says classy :lol:

I'm open to either/or when it comes to domestic/imports. I would lean more towards imports though to be honest.. I've looked at Lexus, Audi, BMW, MB, Infiniti and Acura (which I suppose would be your "classy" Honda)

dont push it in the snow my boy blew the engine in his...lol

but i feel you on wanting to change it up ive owned nothing but hondas in my driving career and now looking to upgrade to luxury
blew the engine in his Jag? :???:
I just feel at this point in my life I want to be driving something that says I'm a professional adult and not something that says race me ricer :lol:

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks beautiful and classy, i am with the others, it could be could for a few years but i wouldn't want to deal with it after 100k or 120k. Thats a decent amount of miles on an 05, so i would see if they have any regular oil change maintenance charts or something. what was the car worth brand new? and is $13k a good price. that seems like not a lot for a decent car.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You want class? I give you class.

Wait for it............

And BOOM goes the dynamite...

Voltio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks beautiful and classy, i am with the others, it could be could for a few years but i wouldn't want to deal with it after 100k or 120k. Thats a decent amount of miles on an 05, so i would see if they have any regular oil change maintenance charts or something. what was the car worth brand new? and is $13k a good price. that seems like not a lot for a decent car.
The price is what got me a bit interested. I've seen other 05 & 06 Jag X-types with 30k-40k miles going for anywhere between $18k and $23k. I think brand new this was a $30k car...

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jags are shitty... parts and labor are f**king expensive... not to mention oil changes are expensive sometimes..

as for the audi... I almost bought an 2.0t s4 but after I did the research... I didn't even look at an audi again. they are nice tho

I was looking at a AWD RL too but I settled for the g35x

Voltio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jags are shitty... parts and labor are f**king expensive... not to mention oil changes are expensive sometimes..

as for the audi... I almost bought an 2.0t s4 but after I did the research... I didn't even look at an audi again. they are nice tho

I was looking at a AWD RL too but I settled for the g35x
You know it's bad when a beaner won't touch it :rolf:

how do you like the G35x?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here is the issue i see with your mind set, nice european cars need regular maintenance that costs more money than hondas, but like hondas they are just a motor, so learning how to work on them will save you some cash. the 99-03 s4 is in the 13k range... as melt posted the other day a4 the base model had a super poor track record in resale due to repair costs. they are made kind of cheap- a more expensive version of a vw. i have been looking for a "fun" car as i am graduating soon here is my short list of the last year.
350z
e36 m3
e30 325is
g35
300z turbo
is300
challenger -new
some classics

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jiiizzz..
what a f*kin epic win of a car... i love that 05 TL. expecially the sports... *drools* omg.. man seriously 3.2l Vtec ... what a beast.

Oh... yeah... no jag... +1 for 05 TL moodaafakaah ;)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lexus ISF10

how about something like this?

Voltio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here is the issue i see with your mind set, nice european cars need regular maintenance that costs more money than hondas, but like hondas they are just a motor, so learning how to work on them will save you some cash. the 99-03 s4 is in the 13k range... as melt posted the other day a4 the base model had a super poor track record in resale due to repair costs. they are made kind of cheap- a more expensive version of a vw. i have been looking for a "fun" car as i am graduating soon here is my short list of the last year.
350z
e36 m3
e30 325is
g35
300z turbo
is300
challenger -new
some classics
my price range isn't $13k... I'm looking at the $25k and under range :oh:
I really don't want anything older than on 05, and that being only a few cars I would consider an 05. Ideally, I don't want to go older than 07.
The Audi I was looking at is an 07 S4 2.0T fyi.
I know that the "luxury" car will cost more in maintenance than a Honda, and I'm fine with that. The only issue I have is with MB, which I have read need maintenance more often than other luxury cars out there, I've heard they have thinner rotors & pads which leads to quicker wear and the need to change them more often, amongst other things.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would get it, if i had the money...

Voltio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay... so f**k the Jag :lol:

my new list is as follows:

Acura TL Type-S
Lexus IS-250

open to more ideas :oh:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats the cost of the isf? 25k? theres lots of fun things at that price. what are your requirements?

Voltio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whats the cost of the isf? 25k? theres lots of fun things at that price. what are your requirements?
I think the IS-F might be a bit much, but I've seen IS-250's around my area with 30k-40k miles for about $20k-$23k

my requirements are:

07 or newer
25k or under
prefer import over domestic
and that's pretty much it

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
put a g35 or g37 up there i forgot about the g35 my boy had his sit flush on dubs and handled like a caddy and supercharged and that s**t was epic you felt the gforce when he slammed on the gas and not to mention they also can come with triptronic and he beats on his cars and his was at over 220k ad running strong

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fact: The X-Type is a rebodied Ford Mondeo.
Fact: In 20 years of Jag ownership Ford failed to make any profit.
Fact/Opinion: It's the worst Jag ever produced.