To spoiler, or not to spoiler?

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
si-hatch86 said:
it shows u had very little time around cars. now go change ur injectors/spark plugs
Why the heck would I change my sparks or injectors?

BTW: your sig is stupid. If someone came around a corner and into a big puddle and hydrolocked the engine.. thats not stupid. Neither is a few other reasons I can think of.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd say either go with the OEM 96-98 civic spoiler or i love this spoiler on 6th gen. coupes i might get it. i think its from wingswest, which is ricey but this particular spoiler looks so good

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lil_falco said:

BTW: your sig is stupid. If someone came around a corner and into a big puddle and hydrolocked the engine.. thats not stupid. Neither is a few other reasons I can think of.
sarcasm>j00!!

and in order to hydro lock your motor you would have to completely submerge ur intake in water in order for it to suck in enough water to hurt your motor.

i said to change ur injector/plugs bc of a post u made earlier.

anyways back on topic now. stay wingless, it looks way better without the wing.

94exvtec

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are going to spoiler it up, go with the SI for that OEM look...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Si wing is too high for my tastes. If you have to go with one go with stock '96-'98 coupe spoiler or a lip spoiler.

xenoicity

Honda Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go with the spoiler i have....

M3 lip spoiler... i think its a very subtle spoiler but looks good.

ej6-hatch

5+ Year Member
snozepp147 said:
i'd say either go with the OEM 96-98 civic spoiler or i love this spoiler on 6th gen. coupes i might get it. i think its from wingswest, which is ricey but this particular spoiler looks so good

yea that was the wing that i was lookin for. it's a kind of hot-rod inspred wing that looks pretty cool. i was plannin on getting that one if i got a coupe but i ended up getting hatch.=) the other picture i had almost grasped the idea, it was too big though.

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
97-ferio said:
the M3 style would look nice because it's very subtle. i've also seen the Mugen EK Ferio wing/spoiler/whatever you'd like to call it on a coupe, and it doesn't look too bad either. but, without the rear spoiler looks good too. i've thought about going wtih an OEM spoiler for my 97 sedan before, but i like how clean the back of the 6th Gen looks without one. it's all up to you though, it's your car.=)
the mugen ferio wing was the one i wanted until they discontinued it. i dont know if shes on here or on nwstreetracing.com, mugengirl has the wing on her car and it looks hella nice. not only that mugen wind tunnels their products :D , bad part the wing was like 800 bucks, but now its sooo hard to find im going spoiler less.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
xenoicity said:
go with the spoiler i have....

M3 lip spoiler... i think its a very subtle spoiler but looks good.
agreed. Either that or none. then a new rear lip as well. car is looking good tho.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well the whole mention of the sedan spoiler brings me to my next question: are they even the same size trunks on a sedan vs a coupe :?: i have measured a 99 lx trunk and my 00 si trunk and if i recall correctly they were not the same width... maybe im mistaken tho, can anyone answer this? if i could fit a sedan spoiler on my coupe it would open up alot more opportunities and be alot easier to find an oem painted one.

this m3 trunk lip is definetely sexy but i would like to see some oem spoiler pics if anyone has any to post. im on dial up so seaching for pix is like swimming through lard :lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure the coupe and sedan trunks can fit on the opposing body style. Of course the taillights will be differnet then too though. I can't imagien them not fitting.

But yes, the Mugen sedan spoiler can definately fit on the coupe trunk too.

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I'm pretty sure the coupe and sedan trunks can fit on the opposing body style. Of course the taillights will be differnet then too though. I can't imagien them not fitting.

But yes, the Mugen sedan spoiler can definately fit on the coupe trunk too.
Maybe I'm reading what you're saying here wrong but Coupe and Sedan trunks are not interchangeable.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally got an idea of why they won't fit on each other (before I'd never heard or or been able to find a reason why they wouldn't fit).

bart2546 on H-T said:
A 4 door's trunklid cannot go on a coupes. The bottom where the latch is, that's the same size, where it differs is the line along the bottom of the rear window. There's a several inch difference between the coupe and the 4 door.
I'd still like to know exactly how it doesn't fit... since I'm not sure if that's regarding width or length, but it's a start.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lil_falco said:

Knowingly spraying water into an intake then starting a car is stupid.... so therefore feel free to be insulted....

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
knock the childish name calling bullshit off.. final warning.. next is banning..
chill the f**k out..

Lil_falco

your signature image is too big i removed it once already.. PLEASE read the site rules...

ONE image
NO larger than 100h X 500w
NO larger than 35k..

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
m3 spoiler ftw.
^^^^ exactly ^^^^

i think that one would add a little something to set off that back end a bit. it's not too much and i think if you're going to spoiler it up the m3 would be the best choice....i think it would go really well with your ride

o and btw
the car looks really clean :thumbs up

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jakksquat said:
^^^^ exactly ^^^^

i think that one would add a little something to set off that back end a bit. it's not too much and i think if you're going to spoiler it up the m3 would be the best choice....i think it would go really well with your ride

o and btw
the car looks really clean :thumbs up
so where is the best place to pic one of these up??

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do not get either of the 2 posted on the first page, both are ugly as hell. if anything get the Si spoiler