TPS question....

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
I've done some research but cant quite find what i want. If you take your plug off your tps while its running it should make a difference on how it idles right? Mine doesnt with my b18 but my d16 does... :what:the main reason im asking is because it doesnt throw a code, but since it doesnt make a difference in how it idles im assuming thats why it runs like ass. Thanks in advance guys.

oldschooljdm

Banned
this question is being asked why? i dont even know what the question being asked here is. i believe if the tps is in-op then it will go by the map sensor.

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
oldschooljdm said:
i dont even know what the question being asked here is..

ok typically when there is a question mark (?) at the end of a sentence that means that is where the question is......

so i'll ask it again. the question will be in the next sentence. When you unplug the tps should it run different?

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2.0crx said:
ok typically when there is a question mark (?) at the end of a sentence that means that is where the question is......

so i'll ask it again. the question will be in the next sentence. When you unplug the tps should it run different?
Don't mind him/her they like to pick fights with people. I understand you first question. When disconnecting your tps it should throw a check engine light. I might go out today and un-hook mine to verify that. But when a tps goes bad the idle should go up and down. Mine is starting to do that so I need to get a new one. Let me see if I can go out today and check my tps for you.

oldschooljdm

Banned
DetainedCivic said:
Don't mind him/her they like to pick fights with people. I understand you first question. When disconnecting your tps it should throw a check engine light. I might go out today and un-hook mine to verify that. But when a tps goes bad the idle should go up and down. Mine is starting to do that so I need to get a new one. Let me see if I can go out today and check my tps for you.
please learn to shut the f**k up. thank you. obviously you are again trying to start s**t with me. your posts have been reported, thank you.

oldschooljdm

Banned
2.0crx said:

yes, it no longer has the signal from the TPS to help it decide how much fuel and timing to add/take away.

detained civic: a strange idle can also be the iac valve and map sensors going bad. not just the TPS so be sure to check the range on your tps before just replacing it

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2.0crx said:
I've done some research but cant quite find what i want. If you take your plug off your tps while its running it should make a difference on how it idles right? Mine doesnt with my b18 but my d16 does... :what:the main reason im asking is because it doesnt throw a code, but since it doesnt make a difference in how it idles im assuming thats why it runs like ass. Thanks in advance guys.
If its running like ass I would check your map sensor also.