Traded Midori for CRX

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
first off....yes i know the thread title is kinda backwards but if you pay attention you'll get what I meant :roll:

I never thought I'd say this, but I feel kinda sad not having my '96 anymore. It was really weird seeing my car drive off in someone elses hands.

Anyways, a friend wanted to trade me his CRX + cash for my '96 so I did it. Gave him some of my parts but kept the OEM tails, '99 Si rear disc setup, and a couple other small things. The CRX needs work but its not as bad as my '96 was, just some basic cosmetic stuff like fix a little rust (easy cheesie), sell this guy by me the body kit for cash + his stock bumpers, and then throw in a new motor

Crapped out interior of the hatch...

Last time it'll ever look fast lol

The beast within the ugliness...

I think I did a pretty good job with the rattle can. Too bad both primers ran out...

Just f**kin around lol...

Looks like a good spray paint job to me...

Bye Bye midori...

Had it for 2 years, only drove it for a total of probably 4-5 months, and still felt weird seeing it leave. Ok enough emo-ness, here's what I got in return...

The CRX in all its crapiness from the front...

In all its crapiness from the rear...

Artsy-fartsy shot of the crapped out CRX...

Honda world at my house. GSR, CRX, DX, S2K in the front, and CX, LX, LS, Si on the side of the house lol

Good thing I'm swapping this thing out...

Taking his stuff out and putting it all in the '96...

Interior of the new beast...

So for now....
- collect $300 today from friend who now owns my hatchie
- replace gay body kit with OEM bumpers and get $125 out of the deal
- replace windshield
- take care of a little rust by windshield and the usual spots in the rear (easy & easy)
- sell or melt those ugly f**king wheels
- sell my spare GSR motor and the '94 CX and go get my new motor

lil soulja58

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like u got a nice project on ur hands there keep us updated on wut u do it to it. I still love ur s2k

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol Why the hell do people do get rid of the DPFI intake and throw a filter right on the plenum? It makes the car run like s**t.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Whenever I get paid again or sell something, I'm gonna do the easy stuff. Take care of the rust spots, swap bumpers with this one guy, and then onto selling my other s**t so i can afford the swap :twisted:

So tempted to run out there and sandpaper the b***h and flat black it...but not before taking out the rust :(

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's like the 2nd automatic crx I've seen

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
that's like the 2nd automatic crx I've seen
i just hope when i swap it, it doesnt burn up like my friends HF did :shock:

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm...i predict the sadness as seen with the midori leaving will also come upon this 4th gen...

mitcheg6

Deanh22
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good trade, crx isn't a bad starter either...swap the motor, lower it, rims= smash and look good doin it

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i get a s2000 im not gonna ever touch a d-series again.

:lol:

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that would be the 4th auto CRX I have seen, a guy I know at school had an auto, wrecked that and got another one just like it but better body condition.... he seems to be great at finding autotragic CRXs

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jezek said:
Hmm...i predict the sadness as seen with the midori leaving will also come upon this 4th gen...
i doubt it :lol:
the midori was, and still is, f**ked up everywhere. at least the crx only has minor stuff that will be easy to fix lol
BlackHope121 said:
when i get a s2000 im not gonna ever touch a d-series again :lol:
f**k this d-series....dohc is in the future :twisted:
if i still had this guys t3/t4, i'd put it on here just to see how long it takes to blow up up the motor or trans...whichever is weaker :lol:

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if I were you I wouldnt even waste time on these projects.. Id sink the money into the ap2..

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
neojen said:
if I were you I wouldnt even waste time on these projects.. Id sink the money into the ap2..
x2..

your s2000 isnt official yet.. you must dump money into it.

or at least give the gsr some love :(

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude i dont know how many times i have to say this, IT is almost impossible to build a car and not loss money, so basically if you keep buying/trading cars you are just digging a deeper hole and just throwning money in it....just save it or put it into the S2K.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
neojen said:
but with a car like that, sinking money into it doesnt always get you somewhere. the next step for me is performance...which means money money money! [/end cookie monster voice] and yet the only mods that would actually do something noticable/worth it are F/I or nitrous. Neither of which I have the money for.
BlackHope121 said:
your s2000 isnt official yet.. you must dump money into it.
or at least give the gsr some love :(
I'm almost at the point of selling the GSR. 1 reason would be to fund my CRX, the other so I can have money in my bank to fall back on if needed, and the third....because even if it were to run, I still probably would almost never drive it :( I've had it 2 years, but maybe now it's time to move on :what:
FRODO said:
Dude i dont know how many times i have to say this, IT is almost impossible to build a car and not loss money, so basically if you keep buying/trading cars you are just digging a deeper hole and just throwning money in it....just save it or put it into the S2K.
f**k buying cars, I'm either trading or recieving for free :lol: As long as I follow up on a couple things happening right now, I should be pretty good on the money issue. But I really want to do this CRX s**t because it'll be a good mental thing for me. I always say s**t (you all can vouche that lol) and yet damn near nothing ever actually happens. This time I want to show myself whether I can do it or not :what:
And if I do finish the rex....I can race people around town for $$$ and start making up what I've lost :lol: (considering they always wanna bet on my s2k)

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they get raid of all the other crap.