Transmission help needed

Mern

Come at me bro.
Hey guys, I've had a problem occurring lately and at this point it can't be ignored. The best way to describe it is when I'm driving especially pulling out of somewhere the car essentially drives like its in neutral and gives very little power. It does this is all the other gears and shortly before it finally decides to shift it has a pretty big jump in power and the rpm's spike, it's also decided to randomly surge and gear down which can be fun on the highway... It's an automatic and after some research I'm getting mixed answers on whether it's a torque converter, a filter in the transmission or just that I need a new transmission all together. My mechanics out for the night so I figured I'd ask you guys. Is this thing safe to drive tonight and for a couple days until I get it into the garage? Like is it going to give out on me completely and leave me stranded horror movie style? Any diagnosis and advice is good here guys, thanks. Also its a 2000 civic with a d16y7, no check engine light is on.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your transmission is slipping. My integra does this. Its most likely the torque converter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mern

Come at me bro.
Hope so, thanks for the reply I'll be sure to ask my mechanic what can be done for her haha.