Transmission Oil leaking from bell housing

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok bear with me on this one...

Last Sunday, on my wife's car, (02 civic si K20a ) the clutch decided to refuse dis-engaging. This made it very difficult to shift, especially into first, or backing up.

I have since traded her cars, and am driving it. (very carefully, and painfully, I might add)...

My conclusion is this:
A: The pressure Plate bent a few forks, and is no longer working properly.
B: The clutch fork is bent, cracked, etc..
C: The Throw Out Bearing has crapped out.

Ok, so that's not the end of the story...
Today, for the second time (once last night as well) I hear this awful cracking/snapping noise.
It didn't seem much like metal to me, more like I ran over a plastic bowl and shattered it. I looked behind the car, and saw nothing.

I go to lunch, and notice a puddle of oil under the car, and a trail leading to it. I think, oh well, that was probally there already.
I drive 2 miles to subway, get out and see a faint trail of oil again leading to the car. Crap!
I proceed to climb under, and swab it with my finger, confirming it is indeed clean, purple, and transmission oil...
It is coming from the clutch housing between the transmission and engine.

My main guess now is that something tore loose in the clutch area and cracked the trans housing? I don't know... and I hope not.. :|

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...no thoughts on this?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
idk if the leak is related to your clutch problem, but the leak could be your input shaft bearing seal. if it was your throwout bearing it would just be making a bunch of noise.

i also had a similar clutch disengagement problem and it turned out to be a broken clutch fork.

it seems to me like it may be 2 issues. i would drop the trans and inspect the clutch, clutch fork, etc. then i would try and investigate where the leak is coming from