transmission problems ...i think

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dunno if its my transmission or what...

but it seems like sometimes when im driving, USUALLY when im shifting gears i hear a quick chirp like metal on metal...at first i was thinkin maybe my clutch is messing up or something, but them i noticed it does it when im in gear too...without switching..anyone know what this could be?

Eg6xCiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It could be Numerous things but the one that would stand out would be your Axles...they may be worn out and need some replacing...check your Clutch Fluid Resevoir it may be low in DOT3 brake fluid....the Clutch Resevoir uses DOT3 Brake Fluid...just to let you know...:lol:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think you will need to give us a better explanation of the problem.......... but, based on what you have said, it could be either the axles (worm cv joint) or your brakes (warped rotors).....

try having someone hang out the window or sit on your hood while you drive and isolate where the sound is coming from.............. 8)

foumer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the same noise. Sometimes when I shift I get a chirp noise, like when the bearing on the clutch starts to make noise which is happening to me also. I dont know why its making noise because a I just replace the clutch and bearing. I think that chirp noise might been from one of the axles buts its weird cuz axles start to make noise when you trun and its a whole different kind of noise.