Tree's DC4

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no the power to weight on this car, i mean you are looking as you sit with an ls motor of a p2w of 17.3 give or take and you have improved by 1 hp per pound after taking a ton of creature comfort out of this car. i suppose i just dont understand the logic. if you get the k motor and you get 200hp you get a better number, but still fairly high at 12. can you help me understand why you are removing all this again?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no the power to weight on this car, i mean you are looking as you sit with an ls motor of a p2w of 17.3 give or take and you have improved by 1 hp per pound after taking a ton of creature comfort out of this car. i suppose i just dont understand the logic. if you get the k motor and you get 200hp you get a better number, but still fairly high at 12. can you help me understand why you are removing all this again?
100lbs is equal to about 10hp I believe

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
100lbs is equal to about 10hp I believe
in the case of this car yes, but that is not always the case with the ratio, but to gain 10 hp for a car that you drive every day, that is not going to feel like much esp when you pull it out in 10 lb segments.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
after taking a ton of creature comfort out of this car. i suppose i just dont understand the logic. can you help me understand why you are removing all this again?
My answer isn't that great other than I want it :lol:.
I plan on tracking it a lot.
In response to the creature comforts I've taken out:
Power steering so that I can get more road feel. The way the steering was before I couldn't tell what the tires were doing.
A/C because I never use A/C ever. Plus I want a cleaner bay.
Rear seats - because 1) no one I know even fit back there 2) I love how it looks without them. 3) no one tries to bums rides off me now haha

No matter what people might think there is a reason for what I do. Whether they like it or not is up to them. I'm building this car for me. A decently fun, yet still reliable DD that I can thrash around at the track. Plus it has to look good too- that's why I have the Mugen wing and the jdm front. I love that look.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
One more thing I'd like to add would be that the whole weight removed total was an after thought. I was going to remove what I did before hand, I just thought it would be fun to track that.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Nothing yet. It's been snowing the like crazy, plus I had exams. No motivation to work on it at the moment. I'll be doing something to her soon though =)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still need to do my oil change. I'm overdue by 1000 miles. And i miss the black. Silver just doesn't do it for me.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good! Glad to see this thing again.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
who are you? started to forget about this build ;)

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Sorry guys, it's been so cold lately so I haven't been too motivated to work on the car. Plus I'm out of money at the moment. :lol:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry guys, it's been so cold lately so I haven't been too motivated to work on the car. Plus I'm out of money at the moment. :lol:
You ran out of money? didn't think that was possible.