trippvail's 1996 Honda Civic EX Sedan

trippvail

Future Owner
Hey everyone. Now that I am finally an owner of a Civic, I figured it was time to make a member's ride thread. So here it goes!

I am not able to get a picture of the engine because 1. I'm at work and 2. Because this...

And now for the bad. First off, some damage to the passenger-side front quarter panel where a dear ran into the vehicle at full speed when the vehicle was stopped...

Now where some shingles rubbed against the roof during a hurricane...

Crack in the windshield on the passenger-side...

And finally some paint bubbles on the front bumper...

Of course there are minor dents and scratches here and there but nothing I am worried about right now. I need to do some work on the ignition system and electronics. There is an immobilizer issue that sometimes stops me from driving the car that I need to tackle first thing, along with that horrible tint that is falling off. Many plans for this car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Nice pick up man! :thumbs up What'd you end up paying on it if you dont mind?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like sedans, I've been looking for one but everybody charges so much for civics anymore. Everyone thinks their cars are the last civics on earth or something.

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
Nice pick up good luck with the build

trippvail

Future Owner
Ended up at $921.38. It was $1,000, but the battery was dead so I bought one and we just took it off the price. Acura OEM battery ftw!

PHAHEEM

I like sedans, I've been looking for one but everybody charges so much for civics anymore. Everyone thinks their cars are the last civics on earth or something.
That's because they don't build Civics like these anymore. The last great Hondas were built in the 90's

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Needs a little work but great pickup for the price! Great platform to work with.

Danielrod61

Registered VIP
Looks good. Get a fender from a junk yard, order a oem good release, and two problems are fixed. Haha. I have a sedan too. Good luck!

trippvail

Future Owner
Looks good. Get a fender from a junk yard, order a oem good release, and two problems are fixed. Haha. I have a sedan too. Good luck!
I want to get some fenders with the side markers like our japanese brethren. And the hood release I am actually happy it broke, will be relocating to a secret spot to create another line of defense against thieves.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow what a nice price you got that for!

Looks like it needs a little help but not bad at all, goodluck with it man!

emerican

Registered VIP
very nice pickup for that price if that car was around me for that much i would have picked it up just to have another civic
future plans for it?

trippvail

Future Owner
B series swap with full tear down/rebuild with strong internals, turbo, possible e85 application, full cage, white acura paint, facelift front and rear, retrofit headlights/ led retro tails, all new interior w/ thicker insulation, normal susp. mods, coilovers, bracing etc. and security and system upgrades. Whole 9 yards pretty much. New glass and weather stripping, and new metal fasteners for every single plastic one that is on this thing, new everything else lol. I want a 25 year car out of this. O and eventually have an a/c. It's Texas and im a fairly large guy so f that...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk