Trouble finding Auto transmission solenoid gasket online.

srobster123

Hello, I have been trying to find and seal up all of the oil leakage going on in my 1999 Honda Civic (ex, AT, coupe, D engine, vtec) and this is what I have found.

I am definitely leaking oil from at least one of the vtec solenoid gaskets, my distributer o ring, and the automatic transmission solenoid. All straightforward fixes, except I cant find the gasket (without the solenoid) for the auto trans solenoid. Does anyone know what the part number for it is or where I can find it. I am getting pretty frustrated that I can't find it anywhere online.

I would also like to check and make sure the other parts are correct before I purchase:

Distributor o-ring: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G6LRTK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

vtec gasket 1: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7EDK4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

vtec gasket 2:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WMF7KM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A34HPWISV11OM9

I hope somebody is able to help me and that this post can help others in the future. Thanks guys!

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
28320-P24J01 is the Part Number and it costs roughly $30, this is coming directly from a dealership. I can't locate where online as this looks like a Honda specifc part that only the dealer would have.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1hondaparts.com, hondapartsunlimited.com, or majestic should have it....

Just because it is honda specific doesn't mean you can't get them online. There are TONS of honda dealers that sell parts online. Google is your friend on something like this.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
I know it doesn't mean you can't get it online, I was only going off of information I had in front of me. I found what he was asking and it helps to hear more information. Online information listing is so general at times its hard to even know what the damn part is! . Also making statements Google is your friend or listing a few websites does not help the OP with locating the said part. Obviously he's been looking for the part, so me locating the part number and a source is better than where he was at originally.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know it doesn't mean you can't get it online, I was only going off of information I had in front of me. I found what he was asking and it helps to hear more information. Online information listing is so general at times its hard to even know what the damn part is! . Also making statements Google is your friend or listing a few websites does not help the OP with locating the said part. Obviously he's been looking for the part, so me locating the part number and a source is better than where he was at originally.
You're kidding right? How is listing 3 different sites where he can get them not helping him? All you gave him was a part number. I listed sites where he can ACTUALLY buy parts from instead of saying that it is only a part he can get at a dealer when he specifically said he was shopping online.

ALL 3 of the sites I listed have part schematic break downs where he can look up exactly what he needs. How is that not helping? :lol:

My guess is that he is searching by name instead of actually searching on actual part websites that have part diagrams. THAT is where google would help as it would give you a broader search base rather than going to a site (like amazon that he linked to 3 times) and typing in a name that may or may not be there.

I wouldn't have said use google if I hadn't searched myself and found it within a few seconds.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
I'm one to believe when one is lost at least give said person the part number =) Give him the part number, that only leaves him half past lost when locating the actual item =)

srobster123

Thank you guys for the help. I was only searching the schematics on Majestic Honda, which does not have the AT Torque Converter Housing schematic (the category this part is under), leaving me at a loss of where to search. I was going insane after looking through every schematic several times, and still not seeing what I needed, and I didn't know what to call the part, so Google wasn't helping much. :P HondaPartsUnlimited does have the part though, so cheers!