Trunk leak fixed

emerican

Registered VIP
Before the superbowl i was working on my car a little and my buddy was using my shop to paint the wheels for his teg and work on it a little. My trunk has been leaking for awhile so i had somebody lay in the car with a flashlight and i poured water over everything window, weather strips, tail lights everything. Turns out there is what apperars to be a factory weld on the grove where the trunk closes into. The metal was bent up and it was letting water pour behind the weather strip and behind the carpet. Bent the metal back siliconed it shut and tested it after it dried works fine now posting this up just in case it helps someone else.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cool, there is another person having a trunk leak too. lol, easy fixes.

emerican

Registered VIP
Just have someone lay down in the trunk with a flashlight and pour water all over everything all the weather striping, back window, tail lights, trunk lid etc. The person laying down will be able to see it and trace it back up. If it is none of those things it may be what mine was which i explained in the first post on this thread as best as possible.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been having the same issue. I need to do this soon w/ rain season coming up in a couple months.

emerican

Registered VIP
Defintly easier to do it before its raining every day. Silcone fixed mine right up i know my description is pretty bad just dont know how else to explain it, so if anynody needs the picture of where mine was leaking if you have ruled out everything else or just want to see it let me know ill post it.

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine only leaked when driving, turned out to be the seam of the wheel tub to the
quarter panel, it had rusted apart. A common Civic problem.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I get some water in the spare tire area sometimes, I see no wet spots in or on the lining of my trunk, no sunroof to worry about, I ended drilling 2 small holes in the corners near the back so the water drains, I made some custom plugs to pop in the holes so they aren't open all the time, still need to fix the issue though.

emerican

Registered VIP
Check what was wrong with mine it was letting it run behind the carpet and into the spare tire thing, only reason i even know it was doing it is it rained extrmely hard one day and it had enough pressure to shoot it on the carpet thank god. The car should have came with a drain that you would just have to punch out may be mistaken, but i thought they did.